• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

Parvum Systems Project Magnus

Hardware fun and 8 SSDs

Sponsors/Support:
ALLSPONSORS1.png

Back with more:

Little progress shot. Just installed the test plate in the bottom:

217.jpg

About 90% perfect, a few little changes needed. 1-2mm here and there:

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg

More changes for the top section. Getting everything lined up for cables and more fittings:

221.jpg

Very advanced measuring systems:

222.jpg

Next up a little bit of a hardware show off. First is the LSI 9271-8i. Got to thank Tiny Tom Logan for this little beauty. We've had a great relationship so far and have been working on a few bits here and there. More on that coming so keep your eye out!

223.jpg

224.jpg

More importantly on top of this the cables... I had concerns about what fun it may be braiding sas to sata leads like these and Tom has saved the day again. He did a LOT of searching to find these perfect cables and they cost a pretty penny too. When he said I could have some I actually thought he was joking until they turned up. Awesome solution and no braiding for me. Happy days:

225.jpg

226.jpg

Next I suppose we would need something to go with this raid card, SSD heavy. I'm going to sleep on these tonight. Thank you Kingston!!! (please understand you don't just get given things like this for a simple project log, we are doing some work for them in exchange).

227.jpg

228.jpg

Got a couple of fan controllers in for the build. Great packaging and solid overall product. Used a bunch of Lamptron stuff and always very happy:

232.jpg

233.jpg

We decided to use a couple of the XSPC Photon tube reservoirs. Technically we could have made it work without them but it's a hell of a lot less stressful using them and they are great. Actually made from glass which is not something I've used before. Makes for a great feel and finish:

229.jpg

Amazing little mounting system. Very high quality. However not something we will use so removed:

230.jpg

Looking a little more angular now, perfect for the Parvum aesthetic:

231.jpg

Cut the new top section with the new changes:

234.jpg

Installing the reservoirs:

235.jpg

236.jpg

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

To be honest I didn't expect this to line up first time. I mean we are amazing and everything but this was a 'guess and hope' effort:

240.jpg

241.jpg

Finally installed the raid cards and cables:

242.jpg

243.jpg

Thanks for reading. Please leave feedback :D

Those 2 GPU pipes downwards, are looking realy out of place, maybe make some bended prototype for those 2 and ask people for opinion?

For the rest verry nice work and awesome rad/ssd config :)

Those 2 GPU pipes downwards, are looking realy out of place, maybe make some bended prototype for those 2 and ask people for opinion?

For the rest verry nice work and awesome rad/ssd config :)

completely agree with this.

Thanks for the input. I won't be doing any bending with the pipe work, just goes agaist my taste. The tubing hasIt's caused quiet some mixed feedback. Most people like everything horizontal/vertical only and parallel but I was just getting bored of that. To me this was more organized chaos! I guess I have an extremely artistic background so out with the old in with the crazy for me.

I do not agree i like it like that its different but nice :p

And what a nice job done this time love what you did with the reservoirs.

Thanks bud. I hope I can turn around some of the people not keen once the build is complete and we fill the loop! :D

Two custom milled reservoirs

Sponsors/Support:
ALLSPONSORS1.png

Favorite time again!

Really big section of the build out of the way now. Been preparing for this for a little while now over the last few updates. Had to really ensure everything was going to work first time. Due to the lack of any time and only being able to work on this build in personal time it really meant we had one shot.

As with anything first to tool path the drawing:

244.jpg

Set up the material. 25mm thick block of joy:

245.jpg

Warmup the CNC!

246.jpg

I think we are ready:

247.jpg

With the little help of some tools; fitting the 2mm cutter into one of the cones:

248.jpg

We are really in business now:

249.jpg

Removed the backing. This was to double check some depths. Even with a CNC as expensive as this there as still some variables. The material for one can vary slightly; even if its 0.1mm etc. Same goes for the bed. Currently we are using a MDF bed rather than a Medex bed. This means it can have a little play in bed height from one area to another. We are talking TINY amounts but these have to be taken into account when milling something like a reservoir:

250.jpg

Two reservoirs will be cut from the same block:

251.jpg

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

Another tool used for the job. Using 6mm cutters here to breeze through the block:

255.jpg

256.jpg

257.jpg

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

265.jpg

We actually shot a video showing a little of the cut process and the finished items. Will get that edited over Christmas and post it as soon as I can.

Total cut time for both pieces was about an hour and 40 minutes. Not bad all things considered. The 6mm feed speeds made fast work of the acrylic!

Some quick shots of the finished items:

266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

270.jpg

Next update we will install the O rings, tap the reservoirs and give them a little test run. Rather fun that will be :D

Please check back soon. Will do our best to get the test run update up over Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a few days off at least! Try not to spend it ALL on the forums :D

Custom Reservoir 1 Leak Test

Sponsors/Support:
ALLSPONSORS1.png

backagain.jpg

DON'T WORRY! A little more update before Christmas :D

First up we install the O Ring. Very fiddly. The recess is the exact size however its hard not to ever so slightly stretch an O Ring when installing:

271.jpg

Next I'd like to highlight how we will mount this vertical reservoir/chamber. It was a nice little touch I think. Removing a section from the 25mm thick block large enough to fit the bolt head. Then installing the bolts to the reverse of the lid:

272.jpg

This shows the little technique nice:

273.jpg

274.jpg

With all the lid bolts installed we should be water tight:

275.jpg

With the G1/4" tap holes tapped we can install some XSPC fittings for a nice test. No problems with these threads, really chunky and solid:

276.jpg

277.jpg

Next the scary part of course. Couldn't have been more confident but with everything that you put this much time into there are always a few nerves on testing.

Test setup an old D5 with Alphacool top, just using one of the XSPC res' for ease of filling. Connected each chamber one to another with a bit of tubing just to test both chambers:

278.jpg

Filling with some coolant:

279.jpg

280.jpg

We have success!

Loop has been running for about 5 hours now with no problems. Tested it on its side and will leave vertical for some hours this evening.

Reservoir number two testing when we are back from Christmas. Should be able to post an update 30-31st along with a video we made of the full process and end result :D!

Happy Christmas.

would be wiser to presure test, a pump only gives about 0.25bar with 1 side closed so open loop will give almost no presure.
you could also try to completely fill the loop and heat the water, if there is no air left there should be some presure from the expanding water.

would be wiser to presure test, a pump only gives about 0.25bar with 1 side closed so open loop will give almost no presure.
you could also try to completely fill the loop and heat the water, if there is no air left there should be some presure from the expanding water.

In this instance, as it's not for resale or a customer I probably won't do much more testing. It sure as hell isn't leaking any time soon. Actually however going to play around with some quick discount fittings so maybe ill slap a few ax rads and a block into the test.

80% system fitted!

Sponsors/Support:
ALLSPONSORS1.png

IT'S ALMOST 2014 UPDATE!

First and most frustratingly with any of my builds, we strip the system back to almost stage 1. Even more frustratingly we will have to this AGAIN before the build is complete:

281.jpg

Replaced bottom panel with frosted so we can pump a nice amount of light though the bottom section of the case. We fitted the long res:

282.jpg

A really nice thing to see when you use CAD and CNC machines... when you plan something about 5 months ago and finally get to use the hole you cut :D

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

Next we install the LARGE reservoir! We had to remove most things to actually get this in:

286.jpg

Cable routing for pumps:

287.jpg

A lot of the system installed, pumps in place etc:

288.jpg

Top mounting for res:

289.jpg

With GPUs in for a test and some pretty awesome shots! No wasted space:

290.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

293.jpg

295.jpg

That's your lot for now folks. Super happy with how it all looks with the reservoirs in.

See you all again soon!

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
Freddy Parvum Systems L1.0 ATX Watercooling Case HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 2
Zwelgje Parvum Systems - MODDING CUBE HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 10
k.3nny [VERKOCHT] Parvum Systems 1.0[140INCL] Verkocht 7
parvumsystems Acrylic ITX by Parvum Systems Gallery & Build Logs 22
parvumsystems Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems Gallery & Build Logs 129
Freddy Parvum Systems cases/behuizingen HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 1
l3p L3p - Parvum Systems S1.0 Gallery & Build Logs 117
Slader [TKA-Case] MATX Parvum case Verkocht 0
J Parvum S1.0 by Joey Gallery & Build Logs 9
M Mossel Parvum s2.0 Gallery & Build Logs 2
Hightower Parvum cubes HighFlow Computer Cooling Shop 16
S [CIP] ----- Parvum Toxic ----- Gallery & Build Logs 14
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Parvum|Beast" - Semi Sponsored Build Gallery & Build Logs 63
l3p [CANCELLED] L3p Parvum case incl 7x UV green fans. Verkocht 2
kier Parvum Extreme MbK Gallery & Build Logs 59
k.3nny K.3nny's Parvum Aurora case Gallery & Build Logs 76
kenshinyuo Closed system vs custom systems Waterkoeling 1
brazen CoolIT Systems stapt uit B2C markt? Algemene Discussies 0
A All systems go? Advies Waterkoeling Setup 15
Maatje Maatje - Mario - Wolligekip Systems II Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 2
iSP Project muziekstreamer Gallery & Build Logs 11
ThomasJS Project SteelOak Gallery & Build Logs 23
Bl4ckj4ck666 Project Antec P120 crystal Gallery & Build Logs 22
Mannekino Custom loop kerstvakantie project in O11 Dynamic XL voltooid met Direct Die cooling voor een 9900K Gallery & Build Logs 9
Tath Project D Gallery & Build Logs 91
tijgervarken Project Ti[ger]tanium Gallery & Build Logs 1
Silversurfer Even voorstellen: Project Silversurfer Evo Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
M mindwarper - Chris - AMD Ryzen 3000/5000 Project Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 4
iSP Geschikte waterkoeling cpu bracket gezocht voor project Overige Koeling 7
Bokeh Bokeh - Ben - mijn monster PC project met RGB Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 11
Subarist [BIP] Project X | Scratchbuild | Gallery & Build Logs 0
Subarist | BIP | Project Subi | Personal Case | PCFixerLimburg Gallery & Build Logs 15
Subarist Subarist - Maickel - Project Subi Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 9
Rammstation Even voorstellen : Rammstation project: Rammstation Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 7
Dima Dima - Project: 7980xe Custom Loop Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 8
987Overlord 987Overlord - Paul - Project: Beest Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
vincent Project Back in busines Gallery & Build Logs 42
Kevin Kevin - Kevin - Project: Kraken Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 6
Hightower Project S Gallery & Build Logs 6
anub1s18 NZXT H440 project overkill Gallery & Build Logs 5
PasLis Project Car Gallery & Build Logs 29
vincent Project "vocht probleem" Gallery & Build Logs 9
Maarten/Pine Scratch-build ''Project Metallurgy'' Gallery & Build Logs 36
iSP [Gezocht] Simpel (goedkoop) ITX bordje voor project Gevonden 4
bunbun casemod project "red elegance" Gallery & Build Logs 11
Y Yodabear - Maikel - Project: LeBlanc Tower Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
C Corsair Crystal 570x Project 'Hot Rod' Gallery & Build Logs 0
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Gallery & Build Logs 4
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
P Project simply black & white Gallery & Build Logs 5

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan