• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

Parvum Systems Project Magnus

Rads and Fans

Sponsors/Support:
sponsors.png

WE BACK WE BACK! on time for once :D a small update, but one of many...

ITS PEXON TIME WOO PEXON GO PEXON!!

So long story short, with such demand at work and focusing my time in much needed places (being slapped up if I stay at work too late).. I had to call in reinforcements. Doing this level of work was just not feasible. I suppose that's the great thing about having awesome friends. We've known James of Pexon PCs for some time now and each time we get around to hanging out its great fun. Roll on iSeries...

Moving onto his work of wonders; The job was to do exactly what I showed in one of the earlier posts. Different custom length wires then braided in MDPCX Shade 19. A very fiddly solder job indeed. The points are pretty close together on fans and this isn't helped when the wires are all black.

To make things even harder each fan had to run to a single 3pin header. Basically a daisy chain to allow us to run 16 fans from just 8 fan headers. The controllers being used here has more than enough power to do this:

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

Thank you very much mate and indeed I owe more than beer!

Next now that the fans are ready it was time to start fitting the radiators. See close ups of these beauties in one of my first posts. Using the XSPC AX series:

141.jpg

Had to connect the two rads together as they will both be working in the same loop. First try was a male to male and a male to female extenders. Sadly too short by about 5mm. Sad Panda :(

142.jpg

Considered searching for a differnt length extender but the problem with this build is the black chrome finish. Parts are much fewer than standard chrome finish for example.

Decided to go with a baby piece of acrylic tube. I suppose the extra work was a bit annoying but got the job done:

143.jpg

Installed 4 fans and two rads and got connected up. Managed to squeeze all 4 cables between two fans which was tight but neat!

144.jpg

145.jpg

Little test fit in the top of the case:

146.jpg

147.jpg

SADLY my friends... that is it. I started to fit the next two rads in the bottom of the case but ran into some design complications so have to figure a few things out before the next update.

My only other frustration here is the slight bow that's happening in the roof of the case due to the weight. This wont happen once the side panels are on as they will take all the weight but it's a bit annoying when building. May make a little reinforcement as the side panels wont be cut to the VERY end.

Thanks again for reading.

More rads more fans

Sponsors/Support:
sponsors.png

HOLD UP...! ITS TIME AGAIN!!!

Going straight in with some adjustments to the white bottom chamber. Cable management was impossible to be clear when we did the drawing for Magnus as we really had no idea what we even going into the build. In turn however this gives a really nice and easy 'hands on' way to planwhat changes we want to make.

The old:

149.jpg

The NEW:

150.jpg

As with all cases Magnus is fully modular. It makes making changes like these a lot less stressful. Unscrew and slide the new panel in place:

151.jpg

New panel in and with the addition of two new cubes (you'll see what these are for shortly) and better cable holes:

152.jpg

More changes and this time on the bottom black panel. By using the technical drawing on the XSPC website we managed achieve this first time:

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

Time to install more of these beautiful fans:

156.jpg

157.jpg

A mirror now of the top chamber connections. Connecting the two rads together with acrylic tube:

158.jpg

Two more new cubes. These will correspond to the two I mentioned earlier:

159.jpg

This little frosted guy will be doing the work between the four cubes:

160.jpg

Installed:

161.jpg

162.jpg

Entire panel installed in the bottom of the case now:

163.jpg

The purpose of the frosted panel will become clear now. It basically acts much like the mid wall does in the body of the case and provides much needed extra strength. We did this as the rads are heavy even before they get filled with coolant. If you are wondering why frosted and not black. Frosted acrylic is in much less demand at work & this part of the case wont be visible:

164.jpg

165.jpg

Now you can see what the new cable management holes are for. All falling into place well:

166.jpg

Last for today we install the fifth and final 240mm radiator into the system:

167.jpg

The clearance and fit we are very happy with. Had people mention vibration issues from the fans/rads touching panels like this but had no issues in previous builds and no sound problems upon test run:

168.jpg

So we did get a bit more done on the build but no more time for Photoshop today so will end it here.

Love it? Hate it? Ideas? or even just want to show some love; VERY WELCOME!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!

Cable Management

again a beautifull update.

Thanks bros!

Sponsors/Support:
sponsors.png

HOLD UP, HOLD MY PHONE!!

Won't be able to annotate AS much this time. Pretty busy to say the least.

First up cutting a new cable management piece. Notice the V-bit 45° cut. This is vital to get the piece to actually fit.

170.jpg

171.jpg

Measure up:

172.jpg

Apply heat:

175.jpg

And bend:

176.jpg

Repeat to complete:

177.jpg

You can see now how the 45° was necessary:

178.jpg

179.jpg

Did another couple of tubes for the rear rad:

173.jpg

174.jpg

Installed the fans on the 360. Really cant get over how good these rads and fans are:

180.jpg

181.jpg

A little look in the case internal... suppose it's a bit anticlimax now half the stuff has been taken out:

182.jpg

183.jpg

Back to our old tricks. Really like physically marking stuff:

184.jpg

Then do it all again but with holes:

185.jpg

Installing the cables:

186.jpg

187.jpg

188.jpg

That would be it for today.

Thanks for checking in :)

just plexiglass p0rn!! Nice

It's what we live for ;)

nice job with that plexiglass, I wish I could do that

All you need is to learn CAD. Suppose that could take a few years but a great skill to learn over time. Once you can draw some stuff you can always pay a company to cut your design :)

very nice, would be nice if you would mix it up a bit and made a couple of pieces from stainless steel or alu.
still very curious about the plexi blocks for the reservoir(s)

Yeah very true. In project ITX we introduced a few more elements of Aluminium. We did plan some stainless in this build but time scales make it hard. When our CNC is cutting acrylic 12 hours of the day its easier for us to swap a few of the panels out for panels for the project build. To setup for metal cutting takes a lot of time out of our day schedule. I think you'll like the stuff with the plexi block :)

Ok this is dem nice beatifull kablemanagement and dem I wish I could do it to like that.

Glad you like it :), you could do something similar with hand tools and aluminum for sure!

more tube

Sponsors/Support:
highflow.png

Hi folks!

Will let the photos talk. Managed to hook up the second GPU and the 240mm rad at the back. Basically 90% of the hard line work done now which means we can really start to speed things up here:

189.jpg

Decided to use acrylic tube to connect GPUs as we've used a lot of it. Thought the XSPC connecting system may have looked out of place:

190.jpg

Another pretty wild tubing run:

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

Hello third GPU; nice to see you:

194.jpg

Also connected up the back 240mm rad:

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

198.jpg

Will be a fuller update soon. Sorry for the small ones :)

Milling custom parts & more braid

Sponsors/Support:
ALLSPONSORS1.png

Back with another update:

First up we draw... powered by Monster Energy!

199.jpg

A little while later the CNC can start the job. 5mm frosted clear acrylic. Tooling for this job 3mm single flute and 2.5mm single:

200.jpg

201.jpg

Understand this is a test for what will next be cut in the 25mm thick block I showed some updates ago:

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

At the time of photography the O Rings had not turned up. However they have now and I can let you know we are fitting no problems. We will cut the 25mm next.

Time to smarten up the D5's; XSPC pump tops and MDPC braid:

205.jpg

Next a small make over for the fans. Grabbed some little fan stickers from Nate over at E22. Nate has helped out as and when he can and was a great guy when we met him. Sadly we don't get to see enough of him. He has also sent us a few other useful things that finish this build nicely:

Before:
206.jpg

207.jpg

After:
208.jpg

Simple indeed but so necessary.

Braided the molex to mini-sata. Wasn't sure if there was a better option for this but needed something to power the slot loader so these seemed sufficient:

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

Next task was to make some kind of mount for both the bumps. A lot of people ask why we don't use other materials such as aluminum wood etc. For the most part anything we do cut we wait and cut while we are already cutting that colour of acrylic. For example we cut these frosted clear parts when we had to cut frosted accents for a customers case. It's realistically the most feasible way of getting a project log done while not interfering with to much of our workload.

We need something to sit on please:

212.jpg

You can sit on me!?

213.jpg

OK thanks:

214.jpg

215.jpg

Some little fix ups on the sata cables:

216.jpg

So that's all for the update this time around. Lot of small bits but they all have to be done so please stick with us!

I will leave you with a couple of photos from the Multiplay Insomnia i50 LAN event. Any questions please ask:

i506.jpg

i5014.jpg

i5020.jpg

i5023.jpg

Thanks for reading. Please ask questions and leave your opinions!

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
Freddy Parvum Systems L1.0 ATX Watercooling Case HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 2
Zwelgje Parvum Systems - MODDING CUBE HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 10
k.3nny [VERKOCHT] Parvum Systems 1.0[140INCL] Verkocht 7
parvumsystems Acrylic ITX by Parvum Systems Gallery & Build Logs 22
parvumsystems Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems Gallery & Build Logs 129
Freddy Parvum Systems cases/behuizingen HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 1
l3p L3p - Parvum Systems S1.0 Gallery & Build Logs 117
Slader [TKA-Case] MATX Parvum case Verkocht 0
J Parvum S1.0 by Joey Gallery & Build Logs 9
M Mossel Parvum s2.0 Gallery & Build Logs 2
Hightower Parvum cubes HighFlow Computer Cooling Shop 16
S [CIP] ----- Parvum Toxic ----- Gallery & Build Logs 14
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Parvum|Beast" - Semi Sponsored Build Gallery & Build Logs 63
l3p [CANCELLED] L3p Parvum case incl 7x UV green fans. Verkocht 2
kier Parvum Extreme MbK Gallery & Build Logs 59
k.3nny K.3nny's Parvum Aurora case Gallery & Build Logs 76
kenshinyuo Closed system vs custom systems Waterkoeling 1
brazen CoolIT Systems stapt uit B2C markt? Algemene Discussies 0
A All systems go? Advies Waterkoeling Setup 15
Maatje Maatje - Mario - Wolligekip Systems II Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 2
iSP Project muziekstreamer Gallery & Build Logs 10
ThomasJS Project SteelOak Gallery & Build Logs 18
Bl4ckj4ck666 Project Antec P120 crystal Gallery & Build Logs 22
Mannekino Custom loop kerstvakantie project in O11 Dynamic XL voltooid met Direct Die cooling voor een 9900K Gallery & Build Logs 9
Tath Project D Gallery & Build Logs 91
tijgervarken Project Ti[ger]tanium Gallery & Build Logs 1
Silversurfer Even voorstellen: Project Silversurfer Evo Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
M mindwarper - Chris - AMD Ryzen 3000/5000 Project Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 4
iSP Geschikte waterkoeling cpu bracket gezocht voor project Overige Koeling 7
Bokeh Bokeh - Ben - mijn monster PC project met RGB Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 11
Subarist [BIP] Project X | Scratchbuild | Gallery & Build Logs 0
Subarist | BIP | Project Subi | Personal Case | PCFixerLimburg Gallery & Build Logs 15
Subarist Subarist - Maickel - Project Subi Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 9
Rammstation Even voorstellen : Rammstation project: Rammstation Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 7
Dima Dima - Project: 7980xe Custom Loop Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 8
987Overlord 987Overlord - Paul - Project: Beest Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
vincent Project Back in busines Gallery & Build Logs 42
Kevin Kevin - Kevin - Project: Kraken Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 6
Hightower Project S Gallery & Build Logs 6
anub1s18 NZXT H440 project overkill Gallery & Build Logs 5
PasLis Project Car Gallery & Build Logs 29
vincent Project "vocht probleem" Gallery & Build Logs 9
Maarten/Pine Scratch-build ''Project Metallurgy'' Gallery & Build Logs 36
iSP [Gezocht] Simpel (goedkoop) ITX bordje voor project Gevonden 4
bunbun casemod project "red elegance" Gallery & Build Logs 11
Y Yodabear - Maikel - Project: LeBlanc Tower Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
C Corsair Crystal 570x Project 'Hot Rod' Gallery & Build Logs 0
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Gallery & Build Logs 4
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
P Project simply black & white Gallery & Build Logs 5

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan