• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems

parvumsystems

Project:
Onwards and upwards
by: Parvum Systems

This will be written by Justin but will also feature Shaun. We are the two that make up Parvum Systems. We would love to expand the company but for now you are stuck with just the two of us!

This thread will be a close look at the Parvum Systems team building a fully W/C rig into one of our own S1.0 Cases. There will be some big changes and a lot of custom work done to the case. Hopefully enough to keep your attention. This is just one of the number of cases that we will be taking to the iSeries LAN even at the end of March in the UK. We plan to head out to other EU LANs later in the year. Including Dream Hack.

We would first like to briefly introduce ourselves. Say a little bit about us and how we started Parvum Systems. If you wish to skip this part and get to the photographs then do so by all means! :)

Parvum Systems was started approximately one year ago after a discussion about SFF cases. I myself have been working with SFF systems for my last 3 builds. One a full custom Acrylic build. The other two Lian Li cases. However I was always frustrated at how hard it was to put so much water cooling equipment into a case while showing it off at the same time. So with the power of Shaun's architecture degree & CAD knowledge and my case modding/water cooling skills we figured we would start something of our own.
We have come a long way in this year. I would approximate we have easily used thousands of Euros on Acrylic in the testing and building stages of the S1.0 . It has had its ups and downs and has been extremely frustrating at times but I would say we are finally happy with our first of many products.
We have every intention to start to involve far more people in expanding Parvum Systems and when we develop the S2.0. We would love nothing more than to involve more people. Get opinions and even meet up with other case modders and builders to help provide the market with exactly what they want.

This project log will feature an adapted version of the S1.0. It will be a reverse ATX version of the case. We will also be milling a custom reservoir for the roof of the case and a few other surprises along the way. The beauty of this project is anything that we create will defiantly be something we will look to sell as an extra or a future product on the Parvum Store.

Our S1.0 case can currently be purchased on the highflow store here!

Here are a few photos of our warehouse space and what runs Parvum Systems:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

In the next update (a few days time) we will show you the CAD designs & the initial CNC cutting of the panels.

Thanks for reading, see you on the next one!

but what i dont understand is why make the case completely from acrylic or plastics and use a cnc milling system, isent it easier to use a laser based system(no tool damage) plus with the right settings you can probably get a perfect finish.

but what i dont understand is why make the case completely from acrylic or plastics and use a cnc milling system, isent it easier to use a laser based system(no tool damage) plus with the right settings you can probably get a perfect finish.

All in good time sadly. Being such a small start up we had to choose between what we have or laser. As we do a bunch of work outside of Parvum Systems with 3D wood work we opted for this.

We will be milling other items that a laser can't do so this was our first choice. We will of course get a laser head or an entire new machine as soon as we can fund it. The perfect polished finish would be amazing.

Hmm really interested to see how this is going to work out. But might I ask a question - how can you guys be such a (for the moment) unknown company... These cases are lightyears ahead of the competition (by which I mean companies whom produce so-called 'gamer' cases which look absolutely ridiculous) and still I don't see tons of people picking up your cases. Which i.m.o. should be the case.

Anyway, what kind of reservoir are you going to make? As in, square-shaped one? Round one? Waterfall one (A) ? Honestly looking forward to the updates.

Hmm really interested to see how this is going to work out. But might I ask a question - how can you guys be such a (for the moment) unknown company... These cases are lightyears ahead of the competition (by which I mean companies whom produce so-called 'gamer' cases which look absolutely ridiculous) and still I don't see tons of people picking up your cases. Which i.m.o. should be the case.

Anyway, what kind of reservoir are you going to make? As in, square-shaped one? Round one? Waterfall one (A) ? Honestly looking forward to the updates.

Thanks for the kind words! We are literally super new, we only showed our real first case photos mid December. We have already managed to have OCUK distributing the case in the UK & Highflow here.
It is a slow start, our price point is still very high compared to the competitors. The bitfenix prodigy for example. A lovely LAN box that offers things we don't like front I/O & better HDD mounting system for a fraction of the cost. Other silly things like ROM Drives that the average user would see as must but to us a huge waste of space in an mATX case.
What people need to see with our case is that it truly is for the watercooler and the case builder/modder. Someone who wants to show off the internals! I love some of the other cases on the market but doing a full w/c loop and only being able to use an ITX board & still ONLY see the GPU block seems literally insane.

The plan with Parvum is to push the case we have now; gain as much feedback as possible and improve. As I have stated here we are only a two man team so we are trying our every effort to compete with big companies manufacturing outside of the EU.

We plan to meet many amazing case builders this year & keep pushing for the perfect REAL w/c & gamer case.

As for the res, it may be hard to see from what you've seen of our case but there is a middle wall. We intend to mill the custom res so it fits perfectly in the top of the case and drops into this back section. I will get a render up in the next update (possibly tonight). Until then.. !

First rather than quoting everyone a big thank you for the support. It's nice to see such kind words before we have begun!

So here is a simple update for today with another to shortly follow!

We started by drawing a 4 panel selection for the case. Somewhat close to the S1.0 but with a couple of changes.

• All the panels have been flipped/mirrored in certain ways to accommodate for reverse ATX
  • Additional holes have been cut to mount a bottom and top chamber
  • One of the rear 80mm fans has been removed and replaced with the Parvum Logo

18.jpg

Tool paths exported to the CNC PC. She is a mighty fine build in one very old case...

21.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Drawing ready we moved onto tool set up and to start cutting. For these two panels we will be using a 3mm and a 1.5mm single flute cutter:

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Tool change to a lovely Belin series 1.5mm single flute to get into the tight edges of the Parvum logo:

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

A quick look at the four panels once the backing had been removed:

33.jpg

34.jpg

Finally for today we started to bed the mid wall. This mid wall is just for testing purposes at this stage. I want to mark up all the holes for pass through connectors/cables etc to make them exact rather than the pre-spaced ones we offer in the S1.0

Mid wall spacing measured and marked up:

35.jpg

Then continued to make the first bend using the line bender & bending jig:

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Tester mid wall successfully bent and ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow we will be cutting the two frosted red panels to accompany the white & start the initial assembly.

Sorry for the poor lighting towards the end of the photos. The day light ran out fast here and we don't use a flash.

See you tomorrow.

Very cool to see the birth of a new case and design.

Like how you explain and tell all about it :)

Arwin

Thank you Arwin, I will try to keep up with the instructional commentary and give as much info as possible along the way.

yes some how-to :D!

Thanks Kenny, more exciting updates to come!

very nice work :D

Thank you !

what is exactly the material because it does not look like acrilic. and how come you dont use coolant for the milling that should give a much better finish and longer working time of your cutters

The material is Acrylic. We have just sourced a different type of acrylic sheet that has frost/matte surfaces on both sides and is manufactured with a much heavier frosting than any other acrylic. This gives our cases the advantage over gloss acrylic cases leaving no scratching or fingerprints. It also does not gather dust like standard acrylic due to a reduced static charge in the sheet.

We have removed the swarf cone and mist cooling unit for the purpose of the photos however when cutting 5mm acrylic sheet we don't typically use a coolant. We have separate cutters for acrylic, wood & metals and only usually use the misting system when cutting aluminium. At a decent room temperature we don't see any difference in cut quality with or without the coolant.

Do you tend to use a misting systems when you cut acrylic?

i use emulsion cooling not really mist but more like a garden sprayer. but with that i can go up to 1200-1500 min/min with a 2 flute 3mm cutter @ 25k rpm @3mm deep. also at slower speeds i get that smell of melting acrylic(aluminium miller).

what kind of settings do you use (rpm, cut/rev and moving speed)

here you can see some of the work ive been doing lately: The eYe

btw i really like your cases, the coloured acrylic makes it much easier to work with than steel or aluminium. also no place for a rom drive is a big plus in my oppinion, havent used one of those for almost 4 years :p

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan