• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems

i use emulsion cooling not really mist but more like a garden sprayer. but with that i can go up to 1200-1500 min/min with a 2 flute 3mm cutter @ 25k rpm @3mm deep. also at slower speeds i get that smell of melting acrylic(aluminium miller).

what kind of settings do you use (rpm, cut/rev and moving speed)

here you can see some of the work ive been doing lately: The eYe

btw i really like your cases, the coloured acrylic makes it much easier to work with than steel or aluminium. also no place for a rom drive is a big plus in my oppinion, havent used one of those for almost 4 years :p

Took a look at your thread; some nice milling work with the res' etc! I suppose it could be a lot to do with the different cutting environments. We are in a warehouse so it would be much colder than where you do most of your cutting? This could be whats giving the smell of melting to you.

We cut at approx:
1800, m/m, 18,000 revs with a single flute cutter. We have a super sharp edge quality on our latest stuff.

Thanks for the kind words. We would love to move onto other materials but for now this is a great starting point. Couldn't agree more about the Rom drive! SOOO much space for W/C ;). We are in the drawing stages of a RAD box much like Keir's idea that will however sport a ROM SLOT. Not so much for the ROM drives but more for fan controllers & bay res'

Will keep an eye out in your thread!

08 March Update

Hello guys, back again. Sorry most updates will be short but posted more regularly. We try to get a little bit done each day outside of cutting customer items/cases.

iSeries event is coming in fast so expect to see lots of updates!

So first for the day we attached the 6 x nickle cubes to the base of the case with 6mm hex bolts. These are black but we will change them to white for this build at a later point:

44.jpg

45.jpg

Next we put down the frosted red sheet to cut the inside accent panels. For this we used our work horse tool the 3mm single flute. There is a little bit more to this panel so we thought we would show you the cutting process step by step.

First we did the inside profiling. Nothing too uncommon here:

46.jpg

We have a large amount of these shape off cuts. Defiantly use them in another project at some point:

47.jpg

Next we have to countersink a section. This allows a piece of 1.5mm aluminium to be sandwiched between two panels. We will come back to this later:

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

and finally the outside cut:

53.jpg

We then moved on to cut the front accent panel. We wont show you any more cutting because you get the idea now. Here are the two red panels:

54.jpg

We now start the assembly with more of the nickle corner blocks. We use 12mm hex screws to pass through both 5mm panels and safely into the block. Again we will change these to white bolts if possible:

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

60.jpg

A close up of the Parvum logo. We will be lighting this from behind the frosted red with a red LED pad:

58.jpg

To finish today's work we placed the middle wall in for a quick look. We used this old middle wall to mark up the exact point we want holes for cable management and watercooling pass-through connectors. We will then recut the panel with the perfect spacing:

59.jpg

Thanks for reading guys! In the next update you may expect to see fitting the mobo, cutting cable management holes and fitting the new bottom and top chambers.

See you then!

Laatst bewerkt:
Back again with a little more. On the check list for today:

• New middle wall
  • Motherboard test fit
  • SSD Bracket
  • Corsair love
  • Quick GPU test fit

So we decided to go with a frosted red middle wall. This was for a number of reasons but primarily as we wanted to use white braid on the PSU and didn't want it to get lost on the middle wall. Plus we are really in love with this color!

71.jpg

72.jpg

Tapped and inserted the motherboard standoffs:

73.jpg

A quick motherboard test fit:

74.jpg

Next on the list we started the SSD mount. The placement and idea actually came from k3nnys Parvum build. You can take a look at that here.

We first put down an old piece of white acrylic. We try not to waste any off cuts or discarded panels:

1.5mm cutter here. Extremely tight work on the Corsair logo:

62.jpg

63.jpg

Next some detailing to one of the sides. Tool of choice here is the V bit cutter. If ran at the correct speeds this will leave a really nice 45' cut:

64.jpg

And the cut process:

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

The finished piece needs some file attention. This is mainly excess swarf:

68.jpg

After hand finishing:

69.jpg

70.jpg

This is the area for placement. The problem we face is the small hex screw head that you can see. The black one. The reason we couldn't countersink this was because we did so on the other side of the motherboard wall.

To combat this we need to make a small hole on the backside of the SSD mount. We found this little trick works kinda nice. I'm sure there is a better way to do this but that's what first came to mind:

Applied some thermal paste to the screw head:

77.jpg

78.jpg

This then leaves a mark on the SSD mount:

79.jpg

Which we cut with the Dremal & press:

80.jpg

Perfect fit after a couple of goes back and forth:

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

We now got to test fit two of the SSD's. Subject to change the SSDs later as we expect to feature a raid card in the build:

84.jpg

85.jpg

Really happy with the look. Like we said at the start of the log; cable access holes will be cut at a later point so there will be one hole per sata cable. More on this later though.

To end this update a quick GPU test fit. Would like to change the GPU but we will see how the budget is before iSeries. Just had to see it with the reverse ATX:

86.jpg

See you tomorrow (hopefully)! :D

You got it in one professor. We have every plan to really show off the GPU block.

Thanks for the kind words everyone else.

Just a small one tonight everyone.

We start the day by installing the extra blocks for our new chamber. We added these to support the extent of the water cooling and to cover up the black radiator. We want to keep the white as the focal color rather than showing to much black:

87.jpg

88.jpg

Next we took some measurements and spent some time in Auto Cad to draw the bottom chamber. If I am being honest this did take two attempts. I messed up on a few measurements for the 1/4' radiator threads. Shaun took charge and redid them, perfect of course. I suppose he does do it better than me after all.

The finished product with some nice chamfer detailing to hug the front 240mm radiator and the back 80mm fan:

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

Here you can see the thing installed. Really happy with how this works. The fans do still fit with the extra 5mm thickness on top of the bottom radiator.

Also I took the plunge and got myself a Rampage IV Gene. Board is lovely. Also installed the Ek CPU block from my old build.

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

To see if the hard work was all worth it; radiator test fit:

95.jpg

96.jpg

We wont be using these exact ones but gives you a nice idea:

97.jpg

98.jpg

Next up we have to cut the only part of the case that isn't acrylic. This is 1.5mm aluminium.
Similar tooling here but with the addition of coolant. We removed the misting system for photos.

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

Here is the finished article with a little basic sanding:

105.jpg

Now we have to make the 90° bend. To do this we move to something somewhat older than a CNC ;)
Lovely machine for the job.

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

Finished with the bend:

110.jpg

We next install it into the rear of the case. This is sandwiched between the two 5mm sheets that you saw in one of the first updates:

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

Thats us for today. :rock:!

Hope to see you all again tomorrow!

Another very nice step, you guys certainly know how to put those tools to good use :)
I'm wondering what your plans are to raise the case if you want that bottom rad to have any breathing room. One of the nuisances I have with most cases is low 'case-feet' that restrict airflow and increase noise. That's also one of the reasons I like the PSU placement of the parvum so much. I'm wondering what you'll pull out of your hat ;)

We won't say what the feet plans are yet because we don't have any. We had some pretty nice ideas but after your message you have pushed us to try and think of something REALLY killer. If you have any ideas PLEASE share. :)

UPDATE 13th March:

Before our update I would like to introduce our sponsor Alphacool! We have a very good friend working with/for Alphacool & am super happy to have them onboard. As far as sponsorships go we are usually doing work in return for people where we can so it is more of a trade. But welcome to the watercooling power!

First thing from Alphacool was this 240mm radiator. Real nice quality and lots of options with fittings. Very useful when working in smaller spaces. This is the 60mm version:

114.jpg

115.jpg

The copper logo or the radiator colour don't suit the build so we decided to make a cover. We also wanted to make a nice feature with their logo.

Started with the drawing part:

116.jpg

And onto the cutting. Recycling old acrylic in this build as much as possible, especially for the smaller parts. Cutting the female part:

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

After we used the 45° cutter to detail 3 of the edges, looking nice so far:

120.jpg

121.jpg

Moving onto the frosted red for the male parts. Same cutter, more recycling of old panels:

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

Here are the two pieces finished. The cutter was running a little thin on the last pass and left a few little bits needed cleaning up.

125.jpg

Using some lubricant and some careful teasing the male pieces fit into the female *ok please go ahead and quote this, I really should have reworded this one*:

126.jpg

Just the inside of the O's to fit as a second inlay. Super happy with the results. Here are a few shots:

127.jpg

128.jpg

Moving back to the case we test if the new radiator:

129.jpg

Very tight fit here. Shaun likes to keep his tolerance very tight. If I say make it fit he will leave 0.2mm! Works really well here.

130.jpg

Next we decided to make a change to the front. We wanted to reuse the same technique that was used for the Parvum logo at the rear of the case and cut these new lines. We are both really happy with the results:

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

To finish today we today we test fit the radiator cover:

134.jpg

135.jpg

The bottom of this is actually a 45° cut going into the lower chamber 45°. This gives a really nice fit:

136.jpg

And a final shot of the case for tonight:

137.jpg

What do you all think about the new front? I'm sure a taste thing but we both really like it.

See you again tomorrow....!

i must say the front is definataly an improvement looks super sweet ;)

but im still waiting for some awesome reservoir or something, something to take it way beyond the level of the average case

btw 0,2mm is quite a lot :p
i usualy take 0.05 to max 0,1mm :p

Well the standard solutions for normal case obviously aren't going to cut it, the whole design seems to be base on 'just standing on the ground'. I do have some ideas, but I'm not that good at sketching things. Also a lot will depend on how the case will look when it's finished and if you'll use leds to brighten things up, but I'd say, use the width of your case! You can make a solid []-shaped feet that's say 2cm high and hide it about 5cm away from the border. If you then put some leds in it you'll have very nice effect, a case that seems to hover in red light :D The question then will be what you do about ventilation holes. The best option to would seems to take half hexagonal chunks out of the upper part of the feet. that should pass plenty of air without being easily spotted or damaged.

There, I hope it gives you some the nudge you needed :) Now it's your turn to surprise us (again) ;)

i must say the front is definataly an improvement looks super sweet ;)

but im still waiting for some awesome reservoir or something, something to take it way beyond the level of the average case

btw 0,2mm is quite a lot :p
i usualy take 0.05 to max 0,1mm :p

Thanks, really happy with the front also. May use it on Shauns LAN rig as well. Ah we may have something to take it beyond the average case in the next update. Maybe..

Haha well technically the tolerance was 0 I just wanted a little bit of space to play with to install radiators etc ;D

Well the standard solutions for normal case obviously aren't going to cut it, the whole design seems to be base on 'just standing on the ground'. I do have some ideas, but I'm not that good at sketching things. Also a lot will depend on how the case will look when it's finished and if you'll use leds to brighten things up, but I'd say, use the width of your case! You can make a solid []-shaped feet that's say 2cm high and hide it about 5cm away from the border. If you then put some leds in it you'll have very nice effect, a case that seems to hover in red light :D The question then will be what you do about ventilation holes. The best option to would seems to take half hexagonal chunks out of the upper part of the feet. that should pass plenty of air without being easily spotted or damaged.

There, I hope it gives you some the nudge you needed :) Now it's your turn to surprise us (again) ;)

Thanks for the ideas mate. We had actually been talking with L3p about case feet for the standard case. Along with the ones we issue he and a friend had some nice idea for full case length feet. LEDs inside them will be a definite I'm sure. Again thanks for the help! Hopefully we will perform!

Here we are again, stayed after work for a few hours to get this update together.

The main focus for this update was to make a custom reservoir. We decided to do this for a number of reasons. Mainly because they look amazing but also because we are going to be pretty tight for space once we do a double loop.

So we started by cutting a test piece of 5mm acrylic. The same size as the full reservoir to ensure a good fit:

138.jpg

A little later and the tool paths are set:

139.jpg

Onto the milling. Tools for the job, 2mm & 6mm:

140.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

Lots of mess when milling thick acrylic:

149.jpg

A little more cutting:

150.jpg

151.jpg

After a little cleaning down here is the finished item. We are really happy with results. After the o ring is installed and a little tapping we are in business:

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

Next the Gentle Typhoon fans are installed in the front:

156.jpg

Fitting really nice:

157.jpg

Then we cut the test top panel for the case. The top section for the case will be two layers. The first is this 5mm frosted clear. This also doubles as the lid to the reservoir. We went with this to match the frosted EK blocks and add a somewhat gray tone to the build:

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

Thanks again for reading. Can't wait to see fluid in this thing.
Next you can expect the second layer to the top & the top chamber.

Thanks for reading :rock:

that is a very nice res but i feel like the curve does not really fit with the rest of the case since you only use hard corners for the rest except for reservoir. if it was me i had made the res completely to the end of the mid wall. also mabey you could make a laing 355 pomp top directly onto the res that would save a significant amount of space.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan