• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

Water cooling

rosario75

Hi All,

I am new to this but I want to build an RGB gaming PC with custom water cooling with hard fittings. I find difficult to try to match the combination between pc case, customer cooling for CPU/GPU and current available GPUs. I was leaning towards corsair but it is not clear to me what to choose and how. I have tried the configurator on corsair website but most of the custom block for GPU are unavailable. The model of GPU that is found is Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12G.
What is the best way to find something that works for sure in terms of space and size?
Any good alternative from Corsair?

Hi rosario,

First of all welcome to our forum :). Cool to hear you wanna do custom water cooling.

Do you have a case in mind already? This way we have an idea which direction you wanna go to. This makes giving advice a lot easier. The Lian Li O11D Mid Tower is very popular and will have enough room for any setup:
Black and White version
Razer Version

Also do you want to water cool both your GPU and CPU?
What about your budget?

To give you an overview, this the list you need for a complete water cooling setup:
  1. Choose your Radiator:
  2. Choose your Fans:
  3. Choose your CPU block
  4. Choose your GPU block (if you also want to water cool your video card)
  5. Choose your Reservoir
  6. Choose your Pump
  7. Choose your Pomp Top (optional if you have chosen a Laing / Swiftech pump)
  8. Choose your Coolant
  9. Choose your Hose/Tube
  10. Choose your Fittings
  11. Choose your accessories, recommended list:
    • Hose Cutter (10-40MM)
    • Funnel
    • Filling bottle - 1000ML
    • PSU Bridging Tool 24 pin
    • Arctic Silver ArctiClean Cleaning Kit 60ML
    • Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Paste (4g)
    • UV/Color lamps
    • LED strips
    • sleeving
    • Cable Combs

Laatst bewerkt:
Thank you. I was actually looking more for something like the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE with colours on the edge and on the core. While for the graphic card the only one available within my budget (~1000/1200€) right now seem to be an RX 6700 which does not seem to be compatible with the Corsair Hydro X.

Not sure if I'm following you. What is your videocard model exactly? In your first reply you said it's Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12G, but now you are talking about an RX 6700?

With that case you can fit max 1x 360mm, 1x 280mm and 1x 120mm radiators. If you cool both your CPU and GPU I recommend getting a 360mm and a 280mm radiator. With this in mind I think you can already fill in quite a lot from the overview list I mentioned earlier. Try to fill it in and I'll correct where needed.

For a 360mm radiator you have to get 3x 120mm fans. Likewise for 280mm radiator you need 2x 140mm fans.

Pump or reservoir I recommend a pump/res combo:

For coolant you can just get a premix coolant:

Fittings:
You wanna do hard tubing, so just make sure the OD of the tube and fittings match. So if you choose 12mm OD hard tube you need 12mm OD fitting.

All hard tubings. At the top you can choose size.

All hard tube fittings. At the top you can choose size.

Some extra accessories you need for hard tubing: reamer, heat gun, silicone insert, hard tube cutter, mandrels/bending tools. All available in the shop. Or you could get a full kit, like a "Eiskoffer". Everything available here:

Hi, This was very helpful.
It took a while but in the end I have decided to increase the budget for the graphic card and get one already assembled with the GPU block. As I am reviewing the list of things you sent I am only wondering of the following. What do I need to add to the corsair setup to control the EK pump reservoir? Are the radiators you have suggested compatible with the Corsair case?

Depending on your motherboard you should be able to control your pump speed through the bios. Check your motherboard (manual) and see if it's possible.

Yes they will fit. Still I recommend you checking the dimensions for thickness and length to make sure it will fit along with your other components inside the case. You can find your case specifications on Corsair website.

Also have you included a drain valve in your loop? If not you can take a look in this topic:

Everything is in Dutch but there are some photo's with example drain setups. But if you're on PC and Google Chrome you can right click anywhere on the page and select "translate to english" if you want.

All drain valves and plugs:

A simple drain valve:

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
B New water cooling build - need help Waterkoeling 2
W Inbouw Water Cooling combinatie met Asus Maximus IX Extreme mboard Advies Waterkoeling Setup 2
O Advies water cooling 1000W+ Advies Waterkoeling Setup 57
M vraag over EK-KIT X240 Performance Water Cooling Kit Waterkoeling 2
Freddy Bitspower Water Cooling Kit Merge Series HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
L Advies nodig voor het bouwen van eerste water cooling setup. Advies Waterkoeling Setup 12
T water cooling pc maken Advies Waterkoeling Setup 1
ShadowBumble Water cooling setup Project Aqua Advies Waterkoeling Setup 7
P water cooling set Advies Waterkoeling Setup 12
Blackruby Beginners Guide To Water Cooling Handleidingen en Installatie Tips 9
W Corsair Cooling Hydro H30 water cooling block HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 20
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XG5 RGB 30-Series Reference GPU Water Block (3090, 3080 Ti, 3080) HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
D EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 160 DDC PWM D-RGB - Acetal Te Koop 1
LoyalFoxx Mystic Fog | EKWB | houdbaarheid en gedestilleerd water Waterkoeling 2
Jason Singularity Computers Arterial Dual 560mm Water-Box - Black HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 Water Blocks HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
D CORSAIR Hydro X Series XG7 RGB RX-SERIES GPU Water Block (5700 XT) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 2
Jason Bitspower Water Tank Hexagon 34 With RGB - BP-WTH34AC-RGB HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
T eerste water koel loop Waterkoeling 3
Agokas79 Agokas79/Angelo kasiaris/First sff water-cooled pc. Waterkoeling 2
Jason EK-Classic GPU Water Block Strix RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Thim geen water circulatie. Waterkoeling 12
Jason Singularity Computers Arterial Dual 560mm Water-Box - Black HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Thim CPU water blok Waterkoeling 1
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XM2 M.2 SSD Water Block (2280) HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
S Mijn computer water gekoeld maken(CPU/ GPU,Waterblock) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 5
Jason Singularity Computers - Arterial Dual 560mm Water-Box HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
biopunk Suggestion: Bitspower air-exhaust (automatic) and water-exhaust fittings HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 4
Jason EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 D-RGB Water Block HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Bitspower Classic VGA Water Block for GeForce RTX 3080 & 3090 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XC5 RGB CPU Water Block (AM4 & 1200) HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XC7 en XC9 RGB CPU Water Blokken (1200/AM4 - 2066/sTRX4) - Zilver HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XC7 RGB White CPU Water Block - 115X / AM4 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
S Eerste water gekoelde PC. Waterkoeling 90
M Eerste water gekoelde PC bouwen. Waterkoeling 1
S AMD threadripper 3960x met water- of luchtkoeling Waterkoeling 3
D Lektesten, pomp laten draaien voor water circulatie en vullen Waterkoeling 19
V Water Block for Aorus 2070 Super? Waterkoeling 12
P Water koeling voor mijn Radeon VII grafische kaart 100% beginner hier sorry;) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 4
N Water koeling oplossing voor een AMD 7 Advies Waterkoeling Setup 3
ABRAWARE additieven bij X1 met distilled water Waterkoeling 3
R Demineralized water for coolant Waterkoeling 1
M nieuwe pomp koppelen aan Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 reservoir Advies Waterkoeling Setup 3
Freddy EK-Velocity series High-End CPU Water Blocks HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 3
anub1s18 hoe lang kan je gedemineraliseert water zonder toevoegingen gebruiken? Waterkoeling 1
M Nieuwe build weinig tot geen water retour in res. Waterkoeling 30
S terug trekkend water?? Waterkoeling 11
R Custom water loop in een Jonsbo UMX 4 (I7-6700k en gtx 1070/ 1080) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 4
A Vragen omtrent rigid tubing, merkcompatibiliteit van fittings/tubes, en puur water. Advies Waterkoeling Setup 3

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan