• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

Water Block for Aorus 2070 Super?

Vic77

Hello guys!

I am starting a custom loop and I ran into an issue.. I cannot find any compatible water block for my aorus 2070 Super
So far the only one that I could find is the Phanteks Glacier one, but seems to be out of stock here. (also doesn't fit my theme)

I can see it has a similar pcb layout as the aorus 2080, yet on the EKWB site its not listed as compatible for any block available for the aorus 2080
?

Is there a WB compatible for my card?

Is this your graphic card: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8G, 8GB GDDR6, (GV-N207SAORUS-8GC)
?

EKWB hasn't tested compatibility yet for this card, as you can indeed see on their configurator:

At the moment also no other brands that have blocks for this GPU :(

You can try to request it at EKWB here: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/newhardware

Sadly yes, well it seems I have now the perfect excuse for a new gpu ? I did message them and I just got told that there are no plans to support it

Thanks for the repy Freddy, have a great day!

Hi did you send the PCB pic to EKW? I’m in the same predicament except I actually ordered the Phanteks one from watercoolinguk.co.uk but I only noticed the fault once I put the RGB on.

Basically i have little cracks running through it where the water channels are for the main chip heat sync. watercoolinguk.co.uk are being very good about it and are willing to help but they cant get anymore of the phanteks waterblocks so are asking me to look for an alternative. but phanteks are just giving the line of its the fluid, i have used pure H2O with a acrylic safe green dye but really its besides the point as it was there immediately and its not got any worse so it definitely not the fluid or it would still be cracking and none of the other acrylic parts of my build such as res have even the slightest problem.

It looks like pressure damage or maybe it was dropped in house on the back side of the acrylic during manufacture. according to WCUK phanteks use cheap Chinese acrylic that is not the same quality as the Taiwanese or German acrylic that EK, barrow or xspc use. the main issue though has been Phanteks response they just could not care less.

either way im now searching for another waterblock that may fit and if anyone could confirm that its the same PCB as the 2080 extreme that would be a big help.

Bijlagen

• IMG_7191.JPG
    IMG_7191.JPG
    330,1 KB · Weergaven: 7
Hi did you send the PCB pic to EKW? I’m in the same predicament except I actually ordered the Phanteks one from watercoolinguk.co.uk but I only noticed the fault once I put the RGB on.

Basically i have little cracks running through it where the water channels are for the main chip heat sync. watercoolinguk.co.uk are being very good about it and are willing to help but they cant get anymore of the phanteks waterblocks so are asking me to look for an alternative. but phanteks are just giving the line of its the fluid, i have used pure H2O with a acrylic safe green dye but really its besides the point as it was there immediately and its not got any worse so it definitely not the fluid or it would still be cracking and none of the other acrylic parts of my build such as res have even the slightest problem.

It looks like pressure damage or maybe it was dropped in house on the back side of the acrylic during manufacture. according to WCUK phanteks use cheap Chinese acrylic that is not the same quality as the Taiwanese or German acrylic that EK, barrow or xspc use. the main issue though has been Phanteks response they just could not care less.

either way im now searching for another waterblock that may fit and if anyone could confirm that its the same PCB as the 2080 extreme that would be a big help.

Man that sucks, the ekwb is compatible, you would only not be able to use the original backplate of aorus, also the alphacool block is compatible and you can keep the original backplate.
And you should use distilled water and not juts normal water ( not sure if you meant distilled by pure h2o) you can buy a cheap litter of cryofuel and just be safe, but yes acrylic is a bitch and I have definitely seen that problem before with other people

great thanks for the heads up i'll probably got for the EKWB one but it seems just for your info that barrow do one at a good price to and from what WCUK have said they are plesently supprised by the quality.

sorry about the confusion yes i am using distilled H20. specifically a 5LTR bottle of Mayhems Ultra pure H20.

thanks for your help Vic77, i just talked to WCUK and they will swap me the phanteks for the EK. only problem with watercooling now got to disassemble my card put the old cooler on drain and plug up the loop and then start again when the new one arrives, when ever that will be given the predicament we are in at the moment. would not be the end of the world but as we are all locked down i am doing my work from home on this computer so Phanteks and their unwillingness to help have cost me a boat load of time and probably money by the end. just wanted to make sure noone else made the same mistake i did. dont go phanteks the price is high and the acrlyic is toss. hope this helps someone in the same spot.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XG5 RGB 30-Series Reference GPU Water Block (3090, 3080 Ti, 3080) HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
D CORSAIR Hydro X Series XG7 RGB RX-SERIES GPU Water Block (5700 XT) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 2
Jason EK-Classic GPU Water Block Strix RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XM2 M.2 SSD Water Block (2280) HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 D-RGB Water Block HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Bitspower Classic VGA Water Block for GeForce RTX 3080 & 3090 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XC5 RGB CPU Water Block (AM4 & 1200) HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XC7 RGB White CPU Water Block - 115X / AM4 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Bas9466 Thermaltake Pacific M3 Motherboard Water Block voor msi z170a gaming 5 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 4
Tath Thermaltake VGA Water Block for ASUS STRIX-GTX 980 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 13
S Koolance HDD Water Block HD-60 Waterkoeling 3
Legendary1985 [GEVONDEN] Nvidia 2xx/4xx/5xx inclusief water block Gevonden 1
Sw333t Water block voor XFX Geforce 8600GT Waterkoeling 22
Blackruby EK Supreme HF Classified Blood Red Water Block HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 25
D asus ENGTX 275 water block bestaan ze ? Waterkoeling 4
W Corsair Cooling Hydro H30 water cooling block HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 20
D EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 160 DDC PWM D-RGB - Acetal Te Koop 1
LoyalFoxx Mystic Fog | EKWB | houdbaarheid en gedestilleerd water Waterkoeling 2
R Water cooling Advies Waterkoeling Setup 5
Jason Singularity Computers Arterial Dual 560mm Water-Box - Black HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason EK-Quantum Magnitude sTRX4 Water Blocks HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Bitspower Water Tank Hexagon 34 With RGB - BP-WTH34AC-RGB HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
T eerste water koel loop Waterkoeling 3
Agokas79 Agokas79/Angelo kasiaris/First sff water-cooled pc. Waterkoeling 2
B New water cooling build - need help Waterkoeling 2
Thim geen water circulatie. Waterkoeling 12
Jason Singularity Computers Arterial Dual 560mm Water-Box - Black HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Thim CPU water blok Waterkoeling 1
S Mijn computer water gekoeld maken(CPU/ GPU,Waterblock) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 5
Jason Singularity Computers - Arterial Dual 560mm Water-Box HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
biopunk Suggestion: Bitspower air-exhaust (automatic) and water-exhaust fittings HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 4
Jason Corsair Hydro X Series XC7 en XC9 RGB CPU Water Blokken (1200/AM4 - 2066/sTRX4) - Zilver HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
S Eerste water gekoelde PC. Waterkoeling 90
M Eerste water gekoelde PC bouwen. Waterkoeling 1
S AMD threadripper 3960x met water- of luchtkoeling Waterkoeling 3
D Lektesten, pomp laten draaien voor water circulatie en vullen Waterkoeling 19
P Water koeling voor mijn Radeon VII grafische kaart 100% beginner hier sorry;) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 4
N Water koeling oplossing voor een AMD 7 Advies Waterkoeling Setup 3
W Inbouw Water Cooling combinatie met Asus Maximus IX Extreme mboard Advies Waterkoeling Setup 2
ABRAWARE additieven bij X1 met distilled water Waterkoeling 3
O Advies water cooling 1000W+ Advies Waterkoeling Setup 57
R Demineralized water for coolant Waterkoeling 1
M nieuwe pomp koppelen aan Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 reservoir Advies Waterkoeling Setup 3
Freddy EK-Velocity series High-End CPU Water Blocks HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 3
M vraag over EK-KIT X240 Performance Water Cooling Kit Waterkoeling 2
anub1s18 hoe lang kan je gedemineraliseert water zonder toevoegingen gebruiken? Waterkoeling 1
M Nieuwe build weinig tot geen water retour in res. Waterkoeling 30
Freddy Bitspower Water Cooling Kit Merge Series HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
S terug trekkend water?? Waterkoeling 11

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan