• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

the ARAGORN-C2Q meets: da Monsta! (English build log)

Now that double sleeving is gonna be one hell of a job. You got 1 plus. If you put black shrink on it. And end the sleeving on the shrink, and put another shrink on it. The sleeving iss'nt comming out. I was thinking of doin that myself. But i decided i would'nt :p I'm really looking forward to seeing how that turns out altough i think youre gonna be busy with that one for a while :p

updated the build log...the sidewindow designs are finally online!

--// 2009-05-11 //--

New Stuff and some tools have arrived, amongst others the package from highflow. Well there's a jigsaw (what would I possibly want with that?!), a couple of M4 threaded bars and other stuff. Also a Plexiglass-panel by A.C. Ryan. Metallized. :D As I was told, they are going out of production and won't be obtainable any more.

After work I went to some hardware and art supply stores, where I bought Tempera, for a little experiment of mine. It is too early to say, however, how it is going to evolve. But I will give you the solution in a couple of days...

--// 2009-05-13 //--

Two things today, regarding my project.

white water - first, the experiment I was talking about earlier, where I tried to find a way to produce white water, well, it failed. There's no recent pic, but here's the test rig from the day before yesterday. You take: distilled water already premixed with ACfluid ; the Tempera color in white; whisk everything up and the result will be something like that...

646a737cfdebf1b9688efef86983daa3_15933.jpg
3bcf0c24cad00a8e8e76732c3503d2d0_15932.jpg
496f0bd518d0b89ed46b62cf4dcb9ba4_15935.jpg
1506bb3846940ce793e9a1c3cfa9e4b6_15931.jpg
d4a4cb0758561d505ebd51917ac64563_15934.jpg

After a period of approximately 48 hours, the result isn't really satisfying. The anticorrosive ACfluid is getting to the Tempera rather aggressively, so that water and color pigments are being separated quite clearly. Other than on the pictures, the mix takes after something like oil on water, if you know what I mean.

Conclusion: The first shot went badly wrong.

sidewindow design

Apart from all that, I have been working on those sketches and drawings yesterday, and here are the first results as to the design of the case windows. This is the left, the motherboard/mainside:

5c7ee2cdf984a6d8210a79dbf632e3df_16052.jpg
af92e281ebc001a93bfe7b84840e1b9c_16053.jpg
41287f8fe7da6076f3892155852d3e17_16082.jpg
5c8acb63597da564a472740d305ae69f_16081.jpg

the very first is a classic and the little variant alludes to the case's manufacturer: YY-0420. Besides, if you all read your Douglas Adams, you'll know, that 42, is the answer to everything. :D Maybe I should also point out, that the first big window design won't come without a proper engraving...

Following are the models for the right side window - versions 3-5 accordingly, and their alternations A+B:

46bdd65e667e5fe04a6a1748b830fc8d_16054.jpg

RV1 - my first drawing: simple, elegant, functional.

62aa6625697ffff1313031631e78abac_16055.jpg

RV2 - same as source (see above).

79ee459e4146101e5bdce2d4451c0bfb_16062.jpg
995b711197522bd861a1ee9b8feac674_16063.jpg

RV3A, RV3B

ec41df3ee90f9dd36d1bf485d1c7bf2e_16064.jpg
dfcddac351df9a71f721925d46a8610a_16065.jpg

RV4A, RV4B

f837ce12c5677fc03bbc674cf5117826_16066.jpg
fcf47338ea747864f7a2aa62d809d7ce_16067.jpg

RV5A, RV5B

642d08158f8f1253d19fb17d6a6a1fd6_16083.jpg

RV4C - taken to extremes.

As you can see I have been toying around with the Y, this also being an allusion to Yeong-Yang. white obvoiusly, marks the cut-out space, whereas black is metallic. Apart from RV1 I favour RV3B. What do you say?

Hi ward0! Thanks for the hint. Actually I didn't know that anything like white fluid from TFC existed!? If that's true, my problem's solved! :042: Alas! Checked with Feser and couldn't find it so far...

@vhrgamer You know, if it wasn't for that bio part in the milk, it would have been the smartest choice! :025:

@everyone come on! Tell me what you think of the sidewindow designs! I am burning to know your opinions!

Laatst bewerkt:
why not use the biochemical fluids ? there also white and should give you outstanding performance. Altough they are expensive.

For the right side window, if im right there where the monsta will come right ? so youre mobo is on the left. So you dont need a full view. I'd say go for the RV5B. you'll need to keep the front clean but looking down it gives the view that you want ( depending on youre cable routing and management ofcourse ) plus i think its very stylish. the RV5A is to much plexi for that side.

For the left side i'd go with the 2 completely attached to the corner. That gives is the clearance you want and just the detail that you need :D

Thank you all for your comments and suggenstions, you're great! :023:
(the the other guys up on the German forum did not yet specify or comment anything on this issue...)

To sum it up. First the white water thing.

Because I've never seen it anyone do or use, and because of the project's overall b&w concept, I thought it worth a try. Of course this is an optional, and not mandatory, as I basically did want to go without color additives/dyes in the first place (!). By the way, I've seen that TFC offers black dye... :029:
Why won't you go for white tubing?
'Cause I already have white tubing! Feser Tube 13/10. :D
The idea was to enhance the effect, having white coloured water in the reservoirs and see-trough-spaces as well...
why not use the biochemical fluids ?
What do you mean by that?

As to the sidewindow design, well another of those decisions where I cannot make up my mind.
For the right side window, if im right there where the monsta will come right ? so youre mobo is on the left. So you dont need a full view.
Yes. Yes. and No. ;)
Again, I was thinking, to have the carbon side panel of the Monsta shown in plain! That's why I went for such a simple thing like RV1 at first and am also favouring RV3B. Simply because you would see most of big daddy's carbon side etching. You see?

As for the mainboard side/left I agree. Eventually I might leave the 42 in its original proportions, without streching it, but pushing it more to the right side. Have to make another drawing, to see, how this would look like. :hmm
I would go for RV4C....
Maybe, this would outrun my craftsmanship a bit...made it mainly for illustrative purpose.

Now that double sleeving is gonna be one hell of a job
- and I haven't even finished my first round! It'll take me a while longer to finish this one. Definitely!

Laatst bewerkt:
that fluid look good.... tobad it does not react to UV...

Even thou it might outrun your craftmenship I still would go for RV4C... or a schematic of a Madcat

@Slader Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! :047:
But, I guess, it's way too expensive: approximatly EUR 35 for one liter of that fluid, plus shipping, plus tax, is more than thrice the costs of a bottle of Feser One or Innovatek Protect IP! Maybe I'll have a go at it later this year, but for the moment being, I think I'll stay with what I already have in stock.

@Kerensky Madcat? Am not that familiar with the original denomination of the various mech types, having read all those novels in German, you know. And besides, it's been some years. Did you mean a Marodeur, perhaps? The mech in your profile pic?

sidewindow design roundup - so far these are the favourites:

for the right/powersupplyside: RV1, RV3B, RV5B and RV4C
for the left/mainboardside: LV2A

Also, was I thinking to postpone the cutting of the sidewindow till having made up my mind. There's much other work to do yet.

Bijlagen

• ARAGORN-C2Q RV1.jpg
    ARAGORN-C2Q RV1.jpg
    55,7 KB · Weergaven: 2
  • ARAGORN-C2Q RV3B.jpg
    ARAGORN-C2Q RV3B.jpg
    56,1 KB · Weergaven: 1
  • ARAGORN-C2Q RV5B.jpg
    ARAGORN-C2Q RV5B.jpg
    58,7 KB · Weergaven: 1
  • ARAGORN-C2Q RV4C.jpg
    ARAGORN-C2Q RV4C.jpg
    60,3 KB · Weergaven: 2
  • ARAGORN-C2Q LV2a.jpg
    ARAGORN-C2Q LV2a.jpg
    59,1 KB · Weergaven: 2
Laatst bewerkt:
eh... let me think.. madcat was the IS name... thinking hard...er..eh...my head is still a bit messed up from the beer last night:030: ...

got it...:idee the clan name is TimberWolf... thats the mech in my sig... I want to use this mech on my case but cant find a good pic to use

:026: what do you think of these? Found them on WarhawkPPC. And there's more... greets

(ideally suited for window etchings, if you ask me)

Bijlagen

• timbspecs.jpg
    timbspecs.jpg
    65,7 KB · Weergaven: 3
  • mw2timbsminvert.jpg
    mw2timbsminvert.jpg
    77,8 KB · Weergaven: 3
  • timberwolff.jpg
    timberwolff.jpg
    63,2 KB · Weergaven: 5
  • timberwolflarge.gif
    timberwolflarge.gif
    18,8 KB · Weergaven: 4
  • timberwolfs.jpg
    timberwolfs.jpg
    49,9 KB · Weergaven: 2
Laatst bewerkt:
Didn't know there were comics... But the old BT animated shows were something I liked back in the days when i was little :) found them on youtube again, ahhh, such sentimental value.

//Ontopic:
This build sure's interesting, sooooo, more pics please :042:

Not comics. Novels. A whole series of them. 50+ only for BT. Didn't know about the animated shows though.

And yes. There'll be more pics, as soon as I have decided how, and on what concept to proceed. Just now I've had really great idea, which I have to elaborate and eventually present to you.

Thanks for the compliment :023:

there are some comics... but we mean the novels... my collection of BT+MW novels...
soon many books will go in reprint deu to the 25 year anniversary of BT this year
105o4ma.jpg

Hm, at this time those probably aren't available in the usual bookstore out there.. Else I'd sure be tempted to pick a few up :042: might be interesting, I'll look in to it, online.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan