• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

the ARAGORN-C2Q meets: da Monsta! (English build log)

Sorry folks! It's been a bit quiet these past few days. But that's mainly due to the fact, that writing one blog takes up most of my scarse, precious spare time. Having to do that all over on another site too, well it's something, to say the least.

I'll give you just a glimpse here, of what's been going on:
  • completed the paint job! The black&white contrast looks simply great to me! Am very happy and satisfied with the work done.
  • posted various results on the quality of the painting/colour.
  • made quite a few pics for illustration.
  • brought forth the German build log and been busy on that forum.
But never you mind! Will upload all results and pictures here for you as well.
Thank you and good night.

Great job on painting you case.... the black and white gives its great looks...
But where is that Monsta going to be fitted... jeez... thats a puzzle!!!
Have you figured it out yet, because I am verry curios about it.

I was wondering what colour sleeving you are gunna use for the cables???
White sleeving would look very nice I think but black wouldn't be bad to becauce of contrast with the white interior.

Keep up the good work

Hi Kerensky! I can see from your nick, that there's finally another fellow BT fan out there! Great. Loved that series! :D

As for the paint job, yes, it was real fun. Did everything in two days last weekend and enjoyed myself really, really much. Besides, I've never done anyhing on this scale before, spray painting I mean.

The problem's now, how to let that Monsta, big daddy, as I've come to call it, fit into my case?! :S
Will upload some pics later, to give you a better idea of my current favourite concept - the 90° Window mod...

Concerning the sleeving, I've decided to go for white, but will probably have to double sleeve every cable. So it's taking me some time to complete everything.

Laatst bewerkt:
Are you learning dutch as well? :p

Well if I strain myself, I can barely, on a very low level, grasp the idea of what is beeing said in the other threads on this forum...but don't pretend, that I do understand much...
Have had some Dutch colleagues in the past, who were always very fun to work with. No kidding. It was a pleasure, and we were laughing a lot! :040:
Compared to the Germans, I like you Dutch people being cool and relaxed for the most part. Much more like us Italians!

And if I'd had the time to spare, why not? Would certainly like learning your language.

WooHoo... A fellow BT/MW fan... I havent played much BT because the BT communty here is very small here... the peeps that introduced me to the game live to far from me to play it much... so I played the MW video games alot... and read most of the MW novels....loved them

OT...

Yes! Cool! I never played the game myself. Was rather referring to the novels too. However BT is not MW, or it wasn't until some years ago. I've read the whole BT-series of novels (50+) up to the point, when it finished, and they started all over with MW.

I started reading the novels about 6 years ago and it was very hard to find some copy's of the BT series cos they were out of printing... the new MW.DA series isnt doing it for me that much....

I started reading the novels about 6 years ago and it was very hard to find some copy's of the BT series cos they were out of printing... the new MW.DA series isnt doing it for me that much....

Well that's correct. And you are basically stating, what I heard most people say. I for one, begann reading the BT books back in late 1988/89 or something. Yep, I am really that old! :D
Back then, I was about twelve, and continued reading every book and following the series since it went out of print in 2003 or so. I've still got all those books here, but in German! They are quite worth a few bucks, I was told...

BTT

--// 2009-05-10 //--

New pictures as to the current situation:

As you might know, if you followed my thread, there's been many ideas flying around. The pictures shall and can give you only an approximate notion of what I mean, when talking about the so called variant A: the 90° Window mod. Imagine the radiator on pic three being just some centimeters beneath the 'window'/rad venting. Can you do that?
Well, that's why I am talking about 90 degrees. But in doing so, I would have to open the side panel for the fans and airventilation. Something that is very hard for me to accomplish with but the help of a Dremel. I was thinking to have that space lasercut for me, alas, I do not know anyone or any company, who could help me out here. Plus I would have to cut out the back, where there's currently the 120' fan hold.

I've not done that yet, as I simply could not bring myself to a decision. You see, cutting the case in two, may seem a simple thing, but once done, I cannot undo it. So I do not want to ruin the YY-0420 unnecessarily. And therewith ruin the whole build (!).

After much thinking and measuring, I also found, that maybe it wouldn't be so bad, to leave the already existing rad-grill venting in place (the one I but made in March, when working for the first time ever with a dremel in hand!). Not touching it for the moment. And to reverse the Monsta into its natural, horizontal position. It stays there by a hair's breadth!!! So the only thing 90 degrees, would be actually the window. :D

Also, 'cause I want to have my aquaero controller up front, I would fix the radiator with the help of a plexiglass sheet, which I will have to measure and custom cut for the undertaking. Thereby creating a kind of air chamber, with all hot air, going out from the top.
This slight adjustment to my preferred layout, also means, that I am currently thinking about the look and size of a proper window on that side. Accepting the fact, that the lower third of big daddy would stick out of the back of the case (maybe not a third, but a fifth...), and that you won't be seeing all of it...

What do you think guys?!

Laatst bewerkt:
To bad they are in german(for me) otherwise I would have liked to buy some from you(if you wanted to sell anyway) your not that old... in 88/89 I was about the same age:004:

I think placing the Big Daddy in its horizontal position is de best option in your build... its also give you a way to use Push/Pull fans if you desire that.. and you don't have to open the side panel for the air circulation.

I think placing the Big Daddy in its horizontal position is de best option in your build... its also give you a way to use Push/Pull fans if you desire that.. and you don't have to open the side panel for the air circulation.

That's right, apart from opening the side, for a window strech. Will try to make and give you some drawings later. Thanks!

I think that plan might actually work, im off for a couple off day's and its just amazing how much work you've done. i really like the paint job i must say, very stylish and clean. Altough im afraid keeping the cables hidden will be a nightmare with the white :p

And what did you mean by dubbel sleeving the cables ? i cant get a idea of how that would look in my head :S

Hi Slader, thank you!
Well, as time goes by...would like to finish the project before the summer starts for real.
The most difficult step so far, for me, was the paint job - which did turn out, to be not so difficult after all. Now, I have to plan my next steps carefully, as there's a great margin of error, if I make a bad decision.

The above mentioned drawings for the design of the sidewindows are ready, and I'll post them soon, so that you might give me your ideas and comments.

As to 'double sleeving' the cables, I meant, that I am going to put two layers of sleeve upon each cable! This is necessary, because I am using white sleeve, which in itself is not that see-trough proof like black or other 'colours'. You see? Obviously, this also means a hell of lot work more for me...when finished the first layer, I have to do it all over with the second.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan