• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

[Project log] Project Dark Knightmare

41lkdMi.jpg

Hello again!
Feels good being able to finally be able to keep my word regarding more frequent updates.
Tools have been going hot down in the cellar and I've managed to progress a lot the last couple of days.
I stayed up til half past four in the night yesterday (friday to saturday) to finish up the paint on the radiators and pump mounting plate. One thing I did not tell you yesterday is that when I went to the hardware store to shop paint cans something caught my eye. That something was Hagmans granit, a granite texturizing (is that a word?) spray paint which I thought could look awesome if I combined it with matte black paint. And yeah, needless to say the results were spectacular in my opinion. I'd love to hear yours as well! I will definately abuse this in future projects lol.
In between coats (paint coats, that is) I tested the pump and after confirming that it worked I went on with re-doing the cables for the pump.
The process went like this: removed lid revealing the wiring and the electronics in the pump. Soldered off the cables to be able to cut and sleeve. Cut cables and soldered them onto shortened atx cables (I didn't have a crimping tool or wire), sleeved the cables with black sleeving acquired from icemodz, soldered the cables back into the pump, drilled the hole for the cables on the lid to fit the larger sleeved cables, put on lid and mounted the pump in my bitspower modkit. And god damn I love the all black look of this build. My sleeving work isn't the best, but I managed to shorten the cable and change the connector from molex to 6-pin atx to enable direct connection to the PSU.
I also spray painted some of the screws, a small detail that at least I think does magical things.
After this I mounted everything back into the case to be able to plan the tube routing. I am planning on finishing up tubing runs for the build tomorrow (sunday) and hopefully I'll be able to perform a leak test on the full loop as well. Anyways, I apologize if there was too much text to read, but I feel it is a crucial part of any build log to explain the process. It's also nice to be able to recap what I did to be able learn and become better at what I do.
Enjoy the pics:
pMIPjdq.jpg

a3n388F.jpg

xtDswc4.jpg

bFRmExV.jpg

fPUrwl1.jpg

gm9VImC.jpg

WA9JzH7.jpg

Tested the pump with an external power supply. First time using one of these, pretty interesting. :)
lbKFdzR.jpg

aVqT6rA.jpg

T8UC515.jpg

ftuvNPM.jpg

As always I appreciate every little bit of critisism, be it photography tips or tips on how to write project logs correctly, I am all ears.
If you think this project log is exactly how it should be, please let me know.
If you want to lurk this thread without saying anything at all, well, you are more than welcome to do so.
Until next time! :)

41lkdMi.jpg

So... It turns out glass tubing is a real and true pain to handle. At least for me. I broke pretty much 70% of the pipes I tried to cut and when I did succeed in cutting them they were one or two millimetres too short or long. So, I've ordered for some more tubing and then I'll probably measure the tubing then ask my local glazier for help to get more exact cuts. Corrections and cutting smaller pieces is apparently easier if you have a diamond disc dremel bit but I don't have one and I can't afford one either right now. So I'll have to do with the tile cutter I bought today :)

I also tried out the cables and set them as they most likely will sit when I'm finished and I really love the look of them. Mundi at Icemodz did an amazing job making custom cables for me.
So yeah, today wasn't as productive as the other days. But thats just a regular sunday for you I guess.
Oh, and I've applied to the Dreamhack Casemod Championship which I am really hoping to be able to participate in.
Here are some pics:
rt1aI9F.jpg

4uvzBkO.jpg

oFmny60.jpg

282Q66z.jpg

I hope you had an amazing weekend :)

SgWL2ZM.jpg

Hi people.
I haven't been able to progress very much on the build since I ran out of glass tubing pretty quickly. But more is one the way from Mayhems along with some more cable combs and some LED strips from Icemodz.

What I did do though is that I went to the store and bought some matte black vinyl, which I wrapped the profiles with. I was thinking that the vinyl wrap would just be an extra little detail but I think it did a lot of difference. See it for yourself and tell me what you think:
vwcYeqd.jpg

Not sure when I will update next, we will see when I have time to work on the build and when the new tubes arrive.
Until then I wish you a pleasant week :)

41lkdMi.jpg

While waiting for a care package from Mayhems with more glass tubing I decided to prepare basically most of the stuff I had planned.
I "repainted" the transistors on the motherboard with a sharpie pen because they were mostly light grey+red and that just doesn't fit with the theme. So all of them are black now, some were very hard to reach so I only coloured the top. I also put vinyl on a couple places where I thought it was needed. This stuff probably won't be able to be seen when everything is mounted in the case but small details like these are important to make the build great as a whole in my opinion. What do you think? :)
I sleeved the start button almost melting the cabling straight off with my lighter while putting on heatshrink... Hopefully it still works lol.
I also eradicated my warranty for the HX850i by opening it up and repainting the fan blades. They had a grey, very dull colour with and ugly corsair sticker so the PSU got the black treatment as with everything else... I asked corsair and it did not come in black :(
I will probably either create another fan grill or just skip the current grill completely because as it is now I don't like it.
I also went to buy copper tubing to get the tubing lengths right for when I get the glass tubing. Almost makes me want to switch to copper tubes because they are beautiful and very easy to work with. But no sir, this built is meant to have glass tubing and nothing else!
I drilled two out of what will be three holes in total. The two holes I drilled are for the return line to the reservoir and the other hole is for a fill port, for this I will need to get a passthrough fitting most likely.
What do you think so far? Please tell me! I appreciate every little bit of feedback you've got.
Here are some pics:
ZGQ2Ezt.jpg

7VoUJjE.jpg

sEBC24x.jpg

cmpA1OV.jpg

2dvmvQh.jpg

dnEQAcm.jpg

Ut7LHRM.jpg

I'll be back tomorrow with more hopefully :)

While waiting for a care package from Mayhems with more glass tubing I decided to prepare basically most of the stuff I had planned.
I "repainted" the transistors on the motherboard with a sharpie pen because they were mostly light grey+red and that just doesn't fit with the theme. So all of them are black now, some were very hard to reach so I only coloured the top. I also put vinyl on a couple places where I thought it was needed. This stuff probably won't be able to be seen when everything is mounted in the case but small details like these are important to make the build great as a whole in my opinion. What do you think? :)
That is a Steve Jobs way of thinking. He was a perfectionist and looked at every detail. Even if it was hidden and nobody would see it.

That is a Steve Jobs way of thinking. He was a perfectionist and looked at every detail. Even if it was hidden and nobody would see it.

Well thank you I guess, it seems like a natural way of thinking while doing a build like this at least for me! :)

41lkdMi.jpg

So today I finished up the tube routing, only to find out I was two fittings short... But I've ordered them so they should arrive along with the glass tubing. As some people have told me, yes, chrome tubing looks awesome in this build. But I've got my mind set on the glass tubing and it will look even more amazing with some black dye combined with aurora.
So a lot of pressure is lifted at the moment, since I've made the most difficult runs already I just have to cut the glass tubing to size when it arrives. I was really worried about the three holes at the top but I think it turned out pretty OK.
In the pictures below you'll notice I didn't finish the rad->GPU and GPU->CPU. Those two are the ones I need fittings for, so I'll be able to finish those when fittings arrive. Was really hoping to be able to perform a test of the loop today but oh well, I'll just have to have patience.
Enjoy the pics, not so many and not very good today though:
WWL1sQw.jpg

eV6Ogyj.jpg

In the picture above you can see the three holes I made, from the far left: CPU->radiator, radiator->res and lastly the one that I will use as a fillport. I probably wont use this passthrough fitting seen but I used it to test how it worked and I think it looks fine. Filling the loop will be very easy as well.
F3G1lqs.jpg

Here's the "hidden" res->cpu constellation I managed to pull off. Really happy with this one as the fluid will "magically" flow to the pump when looking into the case from a front view.

I probably wont update tomorrow since I wont be able to progress without the fittings but we'll see if I figure something out.

41lkdMi.jpg

Hello everyone. Things have been standing still here, I know and for that I apologize.
I've really wanted to be able to update and build but parts were missing hindering me to continue and believe me, I hate having to wait cause of something I cannot alter. But now I've recieved some fittings that I needed so I completed the loop today, leading to me performing a leak test although with the copper tubing instead of glass (still waiting for that though...)
Everything worked out fine, there was some air getting caught in a lot places I believe so it took a while for the pump to bleed out the air. The feeling of success was also present as this was the first time I tried out the pump after resoldering and redoing the cables. It turns out my molex to 6 pin "mod" worked!
I also have an announcement to make so stay tuned ;)
Until next update enjoy this high res pic:
4Soaqcw.jpg

But I feel that things are really shaping up for this build and I am really glad. Looking forward to getting this build finished early next week.

41lkdMi.jpg

Hello everyone!
Things have been turbulent to say the least, to finish the project up for Dreamhack Winter 2015 which started today thursday 26/11.
I haven't announced it before I think, but I've qualified into the championship class of the Dreamhack Casemod Championship and will be exhibiting my project alongside eleven other skilled modders. For me it is a huge opportunity to be able to make a name for myself but also meet up with like minded people to chat with.
If anyone is here at Dreamhack you are welcome to come take a look at the build or just to chat in the D hall seat number D46:14.
Next update will probably be a gallery post with a lot of "end of project" pictures, which I have not yet taken but I do feel that this build deserves a better setting than the one you'll see in the picture I'll add to this update. (Taken with lights off in my apartment...)
Until next time!
kIEIwU4.jpg

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
M [Build Log] Project Blueberry Apple G4 Cases en Modding 24
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Blue Morpho" Gallery & Build Logs 34
F Builg log Project Saber Gallery & Build Logs 4
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Parvum|Beast" - Semi Sponsored Build Gallery & Build Logs 63
iSP Project muziekstreamer Gallery & Build Logs 11
ThomasJS Project SteelOak Gallery & Build Logs 23
Bl4ckj4ck666 Project Antec P120 crystal Gallery & Build Logs 22
Mannekino Custom loop kerstvakantie project in O11 Dynamic XL voltooid met Direct Die cooling voor een 9900K Gallery & Build Logs 9
Tath Project D Gallery & Build Logs 91
tijgervarken Project Ti[ger]tanium Gallery & Build Logs 1
Silversurfer Even voorstellen: Project Silversurfer Evo Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
M mindwarper - Chris - AMD Ryzen 3000/5000 Project Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 4
iSP Geschikte waterkoeling cpu bracket gezocht voor project Overige Koeling 7
Bokeh Bokeh - Ben - mijn monster PC project met RGB Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 11
Subarist [BIP] Project X | Scratchbuild | Gallery & Build Logs 0
Subarist | BIP | Project Subi | Personal Case | PCFixerLimburg Gallery & Build Logs 15
Subarist Subarist - Maickel - Project Subi Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 9
Rammstation Even voorstellen : Rammstation project: Rammstation Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 7
Dima Dima - Project: 7980xe Custom Loop Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 8
987Overlord 987Overlord - Paul - Project: Beest Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
vincent Project Back in busines Gallery & Build Logs 42
Kevin Kevin - Kevin - Project: Kraken Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 6
Hightower Project S Gallery & Build Logs 6
anub1s18 NZXT H440 project overkill Gallery & Build Logs 5
PasLis Project Car Gallery & Build Logs 29
vincent Project "vocht probleem" Gallery & Build Logs 9
Maarten/Pine Scratch-build ''Project Metallurgy'' Gallery & Build Logs 36
iSP [Gezocht] Simpel (goedkoop) ITX bordje voor project Gevonden 4
bunbun casemod project "red elegance" Gallery & Build Logs 11
Y Yodabear - Maikel - Project: LeBlanc Tower Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
C Corsair Crystal 570x Project 'Hot Rod' Gallery & Build Logs 0
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Gallery & Build Logs 4
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
P Project simply black & white Gallery & Build Logs 5
Maarten/Pine Project Cu - a watercooled PC desk Gallery & Build Logs 52
tijgervarken Project Black Matter Gallery & Build Logs 23
M Project reDefine R5 Cases en Modding 0
ProAce Project 303 Gallery & Build Logs 16
Demolisher Kodiak [Long term project] Cases en Modding 45
T Hulp bij budget waterkoeling project. Advies Waterkoeling Setup 2
T Hulp bij toekomstig project Waterkoeling 0
FactoryDefaults Project Stormtrooper Gallery & Build Logs 30