• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

mogelijk nvidia`s nieuwe speeltje

dark viper zwolle

ik kwam door het surfen op het webbie dit tegen

het is een foto van een nvidia kaart met 4 gpu op een dual pcb ontwerp
of het echt is of werkelijk zou komen mag joost weten
maar is iedegeval leuk om te zien

de gtx 390 zou (of) heet ie

j97lzc.jpg

33axlvo.jpg

mcssb7.jpg

volgens de info die ik slecht kan lezen zou hie beschikken over de gt300 gpu`s

Laatst bewerkt:
Het zou leuk zijn, maar ... volgens mij is het een dubbele msi GTX295 single pcb aan de grootte van de gpu te zien.

Mocht het wel for real zijn, dan ben ik benieuwd naar de stroomaansluitingen.
4x 8?

Ah thanks, had ik niet gezien op mn cheap ass scherm op het werk.

Dit zou dan wel een uberkaart worden. Maar wel de max denk ik. Want meer dan 4 gpu's kunnen toch niet samenwerken momenteel?

dit is zeker geen GT300

als je die power connectors moet lezen zit je al op 375 watt minimaal. En aangezien nvidia aangeeft dat de 300 serie net de 225 mist kan je in princiepe al je conclusie trekken

Een dude die ik ken via een forum werkt bij nVidia en laat soms wat info los. Hier wat quotes uit een topic over de nieuwe Radeon HD5800 series:

It's a good card, no doubts... but, the hype was Halo3 level on almost every forum I went to, and suffice to say, it far from lives up to any of that.

Unfortunately, for ATi, they won't hold a candle to GT300 in any performance category. However, that said, they do have a nice edge on release timing and yields, so that is a plus for them.

One thing that I found very disappointing was that Z process was moved to a lower priority and after the rasterizers (instead of synchronous) in the pipeline. I have a feeling that may impact DX11 performance a bit more than ATi seems to think. However, the increased L1 bandwidth may alleviate some of this. Despite that, I still anticipate at least a 10% performance decrease under DX11 when compared to DX10, based solely on the fact that DX11 thrives on Z buffering to boost efficiency early on. I've got a feeling that will slow poly render down by 25%+, but I haven't really looked full on at the architecture to make that prediction with full confidence.

However! Their authoring and tesselator are beautiful. It is fast, precise, and requires very few passes to do its work. I believe that will be their strongest playing card when it comes to DX11 games (provided they make extensive use of tessellation), and should offer them nice performance gains to make up for the Z buffer fiasco.

I do see one huge caveat with their new texture engine though. Because it is, for all intents and purposes, unrestricted (16K x 16K is silly....), I see driver texture mapping management cropping up as a real reason for slowdowns or even driver crashes. Judging from their focus on Anti Aliasing, this very well may plague their newest Catalyst drivers for quite some time after DX11 games release. You simply don't need that kind of overhead; use the KISS principle whenever possible.

Now, one big feature that I think will be a boon into other customer segments (mainly audiophile) if it works out as intended, is the audio bitstreaming of Dolby DTS-MA and TrueHD. This is a huge boon, considering the state of the audio card market, and complete lack of support via chipsets or decently priced add on cards. Kudos for this feature being thought of, though I think it may not work quite as well as intended, that is normal for a first generation product feature.

In closing, to avoid wall'o'text style, I will say that I am both impressed and disappointed by this launch. The pricing of the HD5870 is decent, and its 5850 little brother is amazingly priced. However, ATi will not take any performance crowns this generation, that I say with certainty. They will do well in the OEM and mainstream market, as well as the budget market. The enthusiast and extreme market, they will fall flat on their face. Don't expect this to be ATi's big ticket to gobbling up market share, but at the same time, don't expect this to be another x800 series in regards to market performance. I'm guessing after GT300 releases, this launch will sit between the HD3000 and HD4000 series launches in success.

ati got directX11 and nvidia got nothing
nVidia has DX11 on the GT300.

TBH, you guys are going to shit bricks when you see the GT300 performance numbers vs price... but alas, I cannot show them to you!

Though, the HD5850 is a great card for the money, hands down. An excellent buy, especially if you plan to run 2 in Crossfire! Big kudos to AMD for the 5850, and a golf clap for the 5870.

he can't tell us, because nvidia does not have working silicon.

even if the new geforce turn out to be awesome, there isn't much point in upgrading to it. for instance, dual 5850 have shown to turn an overclocked core i7 965EE system into a CPU BOUND platform, at 2560x1600! just think about it: the fastest desktop processor in the world, a CPU bottleneck... at 2560x1600.

we're at the point where GPU performance have gone beyond the extreme and into the realm of ridiculousness. even if the GTX380 turns out to be better, it still wouldn't matter. it's just going to create CPU bottlenecks in practically every game at practically every resolution.
We have working silicon... trust me. Yield issues are starting to fade too, which is good. Though, I only have 22 days left with the company until I move on to my new job.

We have many, many fully functional in house cards. You can expect a launch late this year or early 2010. GT300 will be quite a show stopper, I assure you.

And what is this DX11 doesn't matter business? GT300 and all mainstream plans for the chip are DX11 capable, and you will find that prices will be far better than the GT200 launch.

Case in point, say hello to GT300...

fermi1.jpg
^^^looks like the Tesla Computing GPU..... or is it a prototype of the GT300?
GT300 is a Tesla cGPU solution for general compute. G300 is the GPU version, but they are very similar.

The version pictured above is the Tesla unit, but suffice to say, the final retail rendering card will be extremely similar in dimension and cooling solution (that doesn't mean all manufacturers will use the same model though)

What is important to understand about GT300 is that it isn't just another GPU. nVidia's primary focus isn't 3D gaming anymore, since the PC gaming market has depreciated and is in a state of downward trends. GT300 addresses many issues with GT200 in terms of general compute, and is definative move towards a multi purpose card that not only serves as a very powerful GPU, but as a powerful CPU-like solution. OpenCL and Windows7 DirectX Compute will be the single biggest boon that GT300 brings to the table.

GT300 is meant to be a one time purchase for Windows7, at least until CPU technology advances enough to surpass nVidia cGPU compute (which I don't see happening until AMD Bulldozer)

The sheer power of Fermi coupled with the amazing advancement of hardware driven code manipulation and caching is going to really show the muscle of the large die design.

Here is what you can expect from GT300 vs GT200 (I can't give you hard numbers, but I can reiterate what you will find from full white paper release and press releases)

• 4x the Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering performance at resolutions of 1920x1200 or higher.
  • 10x faster CUDA parallel processing with active switching into a pure C++ environment.
  • Low power consumption (225w or less depending on model)
  • Full DX11 and Tessellation support for Windows7
  • Fully parallel CPU/GPU transfers for 5-6x performance gains
  • Improved efficiency (140%+) thanks to MIMD structure and OP lineup (2x precision FP has been improved over 4x, and is 2.5x faster then even the HD5870 at its peak)

Bearing in mind though, any press release material you will find is for GT300 (not G300, our purely graphics oriented solution lineup)

I'm happy to answer any questions as they pertain to the press release material you can find online.

I've had 5 sections of my NDA lifted, but only pertaining to direct questions, not unlimited disclosure. Make questions specific, and I'll do my best.

HPC isn't really relevant to home users either. nV has been pushing CUDA and GPGPU for a while, but Joe Sixpack still doesn't give a shit.

Honestly, about the only real benefit that mainstream consumers have gotten from recent advances in computing hardware is lower power consumption (and related noise/heat). In terms of actual raw computing strength, we've already passed the point of "good enough" for the vast majority of non-business users.
CUDA will come into its own with Nexus. GT300 has full native, hardware based support for C++.

hmm, 6+8 pin PCI-E connectors... this does not bode well for power consumption.

EDIT: according to semiaccurate.com, that card is a fake.
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/10/...mi-boards-gtc/
keep in mind that this IS semiaccurate, so take what charlie said with a huge grain of salt. nevertheless, his take on it is quite compelling.
He's a nutcase... no really. The card is a Tesla unit, made for rack implementation, not for standard installation as a desktop GPU unit. The final GPU (G300) unit will look slightly different from its GT300 brother.

As for 6+8 pin connectors, that explanation is simple. When you plan a GPU for power consumption, you never try to come close to peak power consumption, but rather, plan for above it. GT300 has a ~225w TDP, but the connectors allow for 300w TDP. It really is quite power efficient, and has many power saving hardware based features. Load balancing has been drastically improved as well, so if the card is pushed to full load for long periods of time (which is mostly unlikely given the sheer computing power), the total power consumption won't be off the charts.

As for the validity of those Dutch photos, it's hard to tell. The card layout and design for the Tesla unit is exactly like that, yes, but are those real cards... unknown to be frank. But, I'll put it this way; if those are fake, they look almost exactly like the release Tesla unit (not the GPU unit though, G300)

nvidiafermi_2.jpg

Does that ^ help?

Do you feel that G300 (graphics oriented card) will compete with or surpass the HD 5870 in terms of gaming performance at the current price level? If that's too close to any NDA terms I won't be offended by a non-answer either.

No, happy to comment. The G300 GPU will surpass the HD5870 in terms of gaming performance based on ATi's pricing model at this time. That doesn't mean ATi won't change their pricing model once their lineup is fully released, or once nVidia (getting out of the habit of saying we is tough...) releases their G300 GPU variant lineup. G300 is cheaper to produce than GT200 was by a significant margin, and as a result, you can expect a large chunk of those savings to be passed on to you, the consumer. GT200's release pricing was also horribly wrong, so take the past with a grain of salt.

um... why does the card have... wood screws on the heat exhaust? i thought the heat shroud should be hollow on that end... that kinda implies the entire shroud is made out of a single block of plastic.

no, this is almost definitely a fake.

EDIT: in case you still don't trust charlie, here's techpowerup's take:
http://www.techpowerup.com/105052/NV..._Unveiled.html

kinda goes against what you said about "many functioning samples" available, doesn't it? if this were the case, why would nvidia show a dummy board? and a badly made dummy to boot.
Sigh... the board he held up isn't a "fake". Because showcased samples are mostly likely destroyed due to EMD, SD, etc etc, they are rarely working boards, and are altered at times for press release to prevent damage. GPU boards are not meant to be man handled by hundreds of people, and expected to survive. They are made to be installed of a stationary case (carefully I might add), and stay there until they are removed to be cleaned or die. The demo board isn't a fully functional board, but it is an accurate mockup of the release boards. Taking first series production boards away from the debugging and testing units would be foolish just so you could have 100% real "eye candy". The demo shown is on working GT300 silicon, and this entire "it's fake" business is getting rather silly.

We are still several months away from a retail launch, and people are complaining that we aren't passing them out as party favors or in nicely organized celeb gift sacks. Sorry, this isn't the Emmy's... get over it. In reality, GT300 is alive and well, not fake, and 100% working. nVidia doesn't have many of the final release boards floating around (I certainly won't be getting one) at this point in time, since they have only received about 3 bins worth. Suffice to say, just stop. It's real, the performance is real, and trying to debunk reality is rather dumb.

I get it, you like ATi, but enough already. This nVidia bashing is absolutely out of hand. ATi has the upper hand with a launch months ahead of ours. It's fine and dandy they got out ahead of us, and they will reap early adopter benefits this time around. However, that doesn't mean that GT300 isn't going to outperform ATi, and isn't going to really shake up the concept of what a GPU can do.

If I could choose a card for Windows 7, I'd choose GT300 over RV870 any day of the week, and that is said without bias. More PC centric features are found on GT300, and Eyefinity, while very cool, isn't practical. So, that's the bottom line. Which one will make your PC run faster, cooler, and more stable??? GT300, hands down.

OpenCL + Windows7 + your PC = screaming performance. DirectX Compute = godly too. G300 won't just make games run at their highest settings, but also Windows7 and many many related apps.

Isn't the RV870 capable of that as well?
Not to the levels that GT300 (and G300) are capable of. You are probably looking at a 1000%+ performance difference due to the nature of the GT300 chip and its hardware bound technologies versus the software driven parts of ATi's RV870. Mind you, that number is pulled out of my ass, but I am trying to suggest the difference will be very noticeable.

Also remember, GT300 can natively run C++, and CUDA will see a much larger section of the market lean towards its use with Nexus.

If you are a programmer/software junkie, you might find this bit of info interesting to say the least (though you won't be able to access the really juicy developer logs of Nexus and its abilities, you will find some very cool stuff here)
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nexus.html

Enjoy.

Yes, Fermi (GT300) is a Tesla unit. G300 will be the graphics derivative, but will still have many of the cGPU features needed for OpenCL and DirectX Compute. Double precision isn't needed for much in relation to gaming (minus a few new forms of AA and AF that haven't seen major markets yet), and ECC isn't needed for GPU driven work in a graphics environment.

Fermi's scaling allows us to be much more mobile in marketplace segments than we were with GT200. You will see a much larger and more robust lineup of GPUs spanning many customer segments and price points, which is a great thing for the consumer in the end in regards to performance per dollar.

Fermi is what GT200 should have been, but we needed to see what a very large chip design could do in real world environments first. GT200 was successful where it needed to be, and G300 will fill in the areas of GT200's weakness.

Laatst bewerkt:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
Robin Koeling verbeteren mogelijk? Overige Koeling 7
Bl4ckj4ck666 Lian Li Strimer Plus aansluiten op 4pins 12v mogelijk? Hardware & Software 2
R Caselighting met Philips Hue mogelijk? Cases en Modding 2
Z Fractal Design R5, 7700K, 1080Ti SLI zo stil mogelijk? Advies Waterkoeling Setup 29
R Is het mogelijk om een product te "upgraden"? HighFlow Webshop 2
Freddy Verzenden met DPD nu ook mogelijk :) HighFlow Computer Cooling Shop 11
R [Waterkoeling] €1500 CPU + 2x GPU (Mogelijk 3e gpu toekomst) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 23
C is het mogelijk om met deze set (EK-KIT X360 Performance) 2 x amd r9 290x te koelen Waterkoeling 5
Freddy Leden taggen nu mogelijk met @nickname en bij quotes:) HighFlow Forum 13
Freddy Betalen met Bitcoin nu mogelijk bij HighFlow.nl HighFlow Computer Cooling Shop 8
Sparky zo simpel mogelijk netflix kijken Hardware & Software 4
D Wil mogelijk overstappen op watercooling, wie o wie helpt:) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 9
M Ruilen mogelijk? HighFlow Testimonials / Shopreviews 8
R Waterkoeling +/- 250 euro, Alleen CPU (Core i5 2500K) later mogelijk uitbreiden. Advies Waterkoeling Setup 15
S zending afhalen mogelijk? HighFlow Webshop 8
W [Waterkoeling] Zo goedkoop mogelijk, Q9400, NB,HD4850, Dual 80MM Rad. Advies Waterkoeling Setup 13
D 2 radiators in Cosmos S mogelijk? Waterkoeling 7
Gerarddo Stille voeding met zoveel mogelijk vermogen, welke? Hardware & Software 8
D 360 radiator intern bij TT Armor VA8003BWS mogelijk? Waterkoeling 14
Source Meningen omtrent mogelijk vallen van het kabinet?! Nieuws en Sport 28
Betrayedcover NVIDIA gForce SLI met verschillende kaarten mogelijk? Hardware & Software 22
P cpu waterkoeling voor zo veel mogelijk types sockets Waterkoeling 4
Freddy Een zo klein mogelijk i7 mobo voor HD5870 in CF + nog 1 extra PCI-E slot vrij Hardware & Software 7
F HTPC Configuratie, zo voordelig mogelijk Algemene Discussies 5
TeQ99 Ophalen niet meer mogelijk? HighFlow Webshop 116
Source Mogelijk dat vliegtuig 'batterij leeg zuigt'? Hardware & Software 12
Don_Holio 2 RAID clusters op EVGA classified mogelijk? Hardware & Software 4
Fuwa Fuwa Led 3mm Ultra Helder Metal draad mogelijk te buigen? Handleidingen en Installatie Tips 1
ShaquilleMoreno 6-pins aansluitingen. SATA kabel gebruiken voor PCI-E mogelijk? Hardware & Software 1
Slader Lagere verzendkosten mogelijk? HighFlow Webshop 34
Freddy iDEAL betalingen mogelijk! HighFlow Computer Cooling Shop 20
P Nieuwe AM5 build no post Waterkoeling 8
U Nieuwe singularity computers catalog update HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 1
X Problemen met pomp reservoir (3 nieuwe pompen op 1jaar?) Waterkoeling 1
M Mijn nieuwe build met MORA3 420 ingebouwd in de muur :) Gallery & Build Logs 5
W Nieuwe setup, welke pomp en reservoir? Waterkoeling 1
W Nieuwe setup Waterkoeling 1
arwin74 De nieuwe huidige build 😀 Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
M Custom loop aanpassen voor nieuwe CPU en GPU : kom er niet uit. Waterkoeling 2
S Mijn nieuwe AMD build + custom wc Gallery & Build Logs 6
K Advies voor een volledig nieuwe setup Advies Waterkoeling Setup 6
Jason Nieuwe Corsair Hydro X Series XC5 & XC7 RGB PRO CPU Waterblokken HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Nieuwe Noctua producten: NH-U12A CPU koelers, Fans en Heatsink covers HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Op voorraad: nieuwe AIO's van EK HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Nieuwe unieke Distro Plate van Corsair HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 5
P Nieuwe Rad eerst spoelen? Handleidingen en Installatie Tips 4
M Nieuwe Custom-Loop Waterkoeling 1
Bl4ckj4ck666 Nieuwe videokaart, RTX 3090 FE, heb ik een nieuwe voeding nodig? Hardware & Software 5
mixedup nieuwe pc onderdelen Problemen & Oplossingen 5
HighFlow Nieuwe Singularity Computers Protium D5 Combo's HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan