• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

ITX Architecture (Sponsored)

GregEl

itxbanner_1.jpg

Greetings from Greece. This is my first build log in this forum and my third ever.
I would like to thank my sponsors for making this build possible.
Cooler Master Hellas, ASRock Hellas and Bitspower.

Here is a concept image for the build
itx.jpg

The build will include some 3D printed parts
20150205_002.jpg

20150205_004.jpg

Parcels from Bitspower and HighFlow.nl have arrived
DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

The fittings are amazing and I think they will fit the build very nice. Especially at the short routes.
DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

I made the base from a white acrylic 5mm panel
DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

Some detail about the fit of the radiator and reservoir.
DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

I am designing 2 vertical panels. One will screw on the radiator and the base panel, while the other will support the reservoir when I fill the loop.
DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0113.jpg

The motherboard and PSU have arrived from the sponsors and the o-ring cord from e-bay. And from this point and on the photos will be with better lighting :)
DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

Two macro shots to understand the amazing finish of the heatshinks.
DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0135.jpg

PSU time
DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

Very good finish on the PSU as well and a very nice construction. So nice that I am actually sad, because there will not be a lot of the PSU visible in the end. The cables below will be cut to the right lengths and sleeved with paracord without heat shrink.
DSCN0145.jpg

And time for more fit checks and measurements.
DSCN0146.jpg

I am very pleased with the PSU fit between the cubes.
DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

A good fit, but the left part (in picture) of the 3D printed cover will be 1mm thinner. This cover is just for testing and measurements and is nothing like the final cover.
DSCN0154.jpg

And this is the cage for the HDD. In height it is a very good fit-alignment. Maybe the motherboard spot will need little adjustment for the riser cable.
DSCN0161.jpg

Also the drive will not be at the edge, but it will be adjusted according to the cubes that will join the panels.
DSCN0162.jpg

And to finish this post, the cage without the HDD. I will probably flip the drive with the cage and screw the GPU base on the bottom part of the drive. The drive itself is screwed from the sides.
DSCN0163.jpg

That is all for now. I hope you find my build interesting.

I am designing the vertical support panels and when enough are ready I will post an update.

Stay tuned!

Laatst bewerkt:
UPDATE

I wanted to have more done, mainly sleeving before I posted an update, but the build has started to take shape and I decided to post some photos.

I cut 4 more panels
DSCN0168.jpg

I would love to have a desktop cnc like shapeoko or a laser cutter. Anyway, for handmade I think they turned out well.
DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

This part is the one that reminds me of architecture and was the inspiration for the name of the build.
DSCN0172.jpg

I cleaned the radiator and I would like to note that I was a bit disappointed with alphacool. The G1/4 threads were not done properly. The threads were made only with a starting tap and a finishing tap was not used. Fortunately I had ordered taps for the routing plate from Cold zero and fixed the threads myself.
DSCN0174.jpg

The PSU is in place and secured with 4 screws.
DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

To fill the loop I will have to rotate everything by 90 degrees and rest the case on its back side.
DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

And one more thing from the 3D printer to end the update.
DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

I will start sleeving and design the base and cover for the motherboard to 3D print.
That is all for now. I thank you for your attention.

Warning! Μajor update incoming!

Sleeving is done and I set up the system with air cooling.
I am waiting for the watercooling routing plate from Parvum Systems and I am designing a few more panels.

I started the set up like this
DSCN0199.jpg

I placed the 3 SSD drives, the switch and passed all the cables through the slim cut out
DSCN0200.jpg

It is pretty tightly packed in there, but I do like to have no wasted space in general.
DSCN0203.jpg

The two SSDs towards the radiator are Vetrex 4 120GB in raid 0 for the OS. The third SSD is a 840 evo 250GB used as a games drive.
DSCN0204.jpg

The motherboard is in place
DSCN0205.jpg

I tried to paint the IO shield white, but I decided to print it in one piece with the base of the motheboard in the end.
DSCN0206.jpg

Overall the fit is good
DSCN0207.jpg

Now, please calm down! The motherboard lid is not the final one!
DSCN0208.jpg

I definitely want the 24-pin to not pass through the lid but from the side like the sata cables and the rest. I will also somehow guide the 8-pin to have a more horizontal route.
DSCN0211.jpg

You might have guessed how much I like paracord
DSCN0213.jpg

The motherboard is screwed to the acrylic back with one screw only and the other 3 screws just hold the 3D printed back. However the 3D printed base is also adhered to the acrylic with double sided stickers, so it is very stable and secure in place. I am not sure if the cpu cut out will be enough to change coolers without removing the motherboard.
DSCN0215.jpg

I also placed the HDD and PSU. Every cable is connected, except the pump and radiator fans.
DSCN0217.jpg

The tubing is there temporarily just to see how easily they fit through the cables.
DSCN0218.jpg

Yes, you are correct, the 24 pin is with an extension. I know it is stupid, but I did it for 2 reasons. One reason is that I can disconnect it without struggling with the connector on the motherboard (like for leak testing) The second reason is that the original 24-pin has a lot of double wires in a single pin and is a 18+10 pin on the psu side, so it would be a nightmare if I wanted to paracord sleeve that. Of course I shortened the original and used the rest of the cables to make the extension. The final total cable is shorter than the original. Happy days.
DSCN0219.jpg

I am waiting for a 2mm thick frosted acrylic sheet to screw on top of the HDD and use as support for the GPU. For now I used some foamboard.
DSCN0221.jpg

The graphics card is in place. It is not screwed in place but with the pci-e riser and the 6+8pin it sits quite stable.
DSCN0222.jpg

And the system as it is now.
DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

That is all for now. I hope you liked the update. Thank you for your attention.

Teaser time!

I printed something else
DSCN0226.jpg

It is the final(probably) cover for the motherboard.
DSCN0228.jpg

And I got the routing plate from Plexiglass Masters, a local cnc acrylic shop.
I would like to thank Mr. Diamantis from plexiglass masters for the excellent cnc work.
Unfortunately Parvum Systems have not responded for a while now, although they responded positively at first.
I will get bored of taps in the next few days.
DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

First attempts were successful
DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

I hope to have the routing plate ready by the weekend to start setting up the water cooling parts.

Stay tuned!

Well it's done!
There are some things I would do differently, if I were to make this again, but I will mention them later.

Final pics!

The new motherboard lid. It does not look like a TUF armor but as an idea I like it better. I am satisfied with the result.

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0276.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

The watercooling routing plate is ready! No leaks with a white silicone o-ring I got.
I would like to thank Pixel Brothers (.gr) for the excellent work on the stickers. They prepared them quickly and they were applied carefully. Very good professionals!
DSCN0271.jpg

And the result from a lot of different angles
DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

2e36aa72-d0b6-4c1b-99f8-ccfefeeff136.jpg

551870dd-b2f3-4d59-8e2e-30781365d597.jpg

0bf63252-8e47-48e0-92ae-7257789b56b7.jpg

bfb0877c-4d0b-4c33-974d-a7afe1ef05dc.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

At the desk and ready. I took the side lid off to change the pump speed so that I can bleed the air bubbles easier.
DSCN0314.jpg

I wanted to make a video (I had chosen a soundtrack for it) while filling the loop (like p0Pe's Project NV), but I don't have the right setup regarding lights, space and support yet.
Sorry...

Regarding the temperatures I am very pleased. First tests went very well. 15 minutes furmark gave a GPU max of 40 C.
temps.jpg

I am getting CPU max 60C και GPU max 42C.

Regarding noise it's ok. Maybe the grills I printed increase the noise a bit.
I will try the fans at pull and with a filter to test.
I have the pump at sysfan and the fans with a y-splitter at the CPU fan slot.

What would I do differently now that I have the experience.

First I would do as much as possible with cnc and more(proper) tools. The jigsaw is an excellent tool, but with only a line as a guide you can't have a detailed assembly. It would increase the cost of course, but having a cnc and a proper workshop is a goal of mine since I started modding 2 builds ago.

Second changes to the design. I would place the water cooling routing plate further and maybe use only a white sticker with a better design. The sandblast served its purpose in this build and it at least matches the water blocks. Something I will do at future builds is to design the case as a puzzle from compartments and not as a single piece assembly. In this build the SSDs are nicely hidden, but removing them is anything but easy. That is because they are mounted on the same panel the radiotor is and from the inside.

Third different watercooling parts! The fittings are very nice, but if the routing plate was further I could have used larger fittings with double o-rings for the tubing or compressed o-rings. And regarding blocks 100% I am not considering EK again for now. Only Bitspower now for me! Sure EK blocks are beautiful. But Supremacy cracked with just hand tightening (last time I checked I am not Superman, I think that actually my fingers are not strong to be honest)
The 280x CSQ got dirty from my last build but I can't get it cleaned and the dirt is at places were the liquid does not reach for some reason. Off course with a different design with idividual compartments that fit together, some connections would have been different.

That is all for the conclusion.

I hope you liked the build.
I am sure I forgot to mention something, so I am waiting for comments.

Thank you for your comment! I will make more custom builds for sure as my sponsors also suggested. I just need to find some time late this summer and talk to my sponsors for another build. Maybe for an event or some type of prize for a contest/tournament. I already have some ideas I would like to try in the future. Until then you can also see my previous work: Hades Chillin' and Leveling Hades.

Again thank you.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
Jason Singularity Computers Wraith 2.0 ITX/DTX Case HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Singularity Computers Wraith ITX/DTX Case HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Jonsplus i100 Pro Mini-ITX Case / Tempered Glass / Black / Silver HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Singularity Computers Wraith Mini ITX/DTX - Black HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Singularity Computers Wraith Mini ITX/DTX – Silver HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Singularity Computers Wraith Mini ITX/DTX - Black or Silver HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason PHANTEKS Evolv Shift Air 2 Mini-ITX Case, Mesh Panel - Black or Grey HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
Jason Singularity Computers Wraith Mini-ITX Case/ Behuizing HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 0
J Enthoo Evolv ITX Custom loop - Advies nodig :) Advies Waterkoeling Setup 5
Slader ITX tower Gallery & Build Logs 9
Freddy Singularity Computers Wraith Mini-ITX Chassis / Case HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 3
Freddy TP17 Draagbaar Mini ITX systeem, uiteraard van acrylaat Gallery & Build Logs 53
A Corsair force MP500 120 ssd m2 wordt niet herkend gigabyte mini itx moederbord Problemen & Oplossingen 4
iSP [Gezocht] Simpel (goedkoop) ITX bordje voor project Gevonden 4
Hightower EKWB monoblock voor de asus strix Z270 itx HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 8
I PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ITX Gallery & Build Logs 2
iSP Buildlog minibeest itx (Ncase M1) Gallery & Build Logs 21
Gurt11 [Scratch Build] Specced ITX 1.0 Gallery & Build Logs 23
D Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Cases en Modding 7
F vragen over hardware en scherm keuze itx build Hardware & Software 0
M Micro-ATX in Mini-ITX behuizing? Cases en Modding 2
U MSI N760 ITX waterblock Waterkoeling 1
volcom mini itx systeem aanbevelingen Hardware & Software 8
Sw333t [VERKOCHT] Cooler Master ITX case met Hotswap bays Verkocht 4
melchiortheijs mini -itx game pc Gallery & Build Logs 1
Sw333t [CANCELLED] Asus P8-H77-I ITX moederbord (S1155) Verkocht 2
AzzKickr Lian-Li T1B "Black ITX Spider" HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 2
WiSK NCase M1 (mini ITX, 12 liter, water koeling, fab Lian Li) Cases en Modding 20
parvumsystems Acrylic ITX by Parvum Systems Gallery & Build Logs 22
N [CiP] Coolermaster E-Lite Mini Itx Gallery & Build Logs 2
gerjanlubbers Casemod mini ITX kast, Iemand een leuk idee? Cases en Modding 4
Joren Joren's Mini ITX gaming build Gallery & Build Logs 147
tomasvanderpijl [IN-ACTIVE] mini itx Gevonden 0
C [IN-ACTIVE] ITX mobo S1156 Gevonden 1
Thierry BitFenix M-ITX Prodigy HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 29
Sw333t [IN-ACTIVE] Asrock Z68M-ITX/HT Verkocht 2
Sw333t [VERKOCHT] Asrock Z68M-ITX/HT Verkocht 2
Sw333t Asrock Z68M-ITX/HT HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 17
l3p [VERKOCHT] Zotac Z68-ITX WiFi Verkocht 12
Sw333t [GEVONDEN] mATX of ITX moederbord tray. Gevonden 4
Impulse ECS H67H2-I mini itx HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 2
D Gamers Mini itx systeem bouwen ? Hardware & Software 10
Thierry Lian-li PC-t60 // PC-T1B Spider Mini-ITX benchtables + Zotac mini ITX S775 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 16
W Watercooled-ITX Gallery & Build Logs 13
LightStar Fractal Design Array Mini ITX Nas Case HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 14
Katsie Sapphire Mini ITX mobo IPC-AM3DD785G en AMD Athlon II X2 250 HighFlow Product Suggesties en Nieuws 1
Katsie amd itx mobootjes Hardware & Software 8
P VIA Apollo 800mhz Mini ITX pruts setupje Gallery & Build Logs 8
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Parvum|Beast" - Semi Sponsored Build Gallery & Build Logs 63

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan