• Vragen? Wacht niet langer op de antwoorden! Login of Registreer en plaats jouw vraag! Wij zullen je vragen z.s.m. beantwoorden.

project: rig 3.0

Slader

prof klikker
ik weet het een heel spannende naam :033:

Nu ben ik er al een tijdje mee bezig op een ander forum, maar ik dacht dump em hier ook maar om jullie ermee lastig te vallen, zitten jullie vast niet mee. Wel 1 detail, ik heb em op een ander forum gemaakt die engels is ( slizone forums ) dus dat je niet verbaast staat dat ik ineens engels lul :icon_wink:

Hi guy's,

I,ve been hanging around these forums for some time and i woz thinking it would be about time to get my own project in to the air would'nt you agree.

Its been floating around in my head for months now and i thought it would be time to actually get a start... so first lets introduce you guy's to my "volunteer" for this procedure:

001.jpg

The Lian Li 343B cube case, don't you just love him/her/it (haven't decided what it is yet )

This is going to be my first watercooling project so lets find out what happens shall we

- First off:

let's rip this baby appart...and find out how he/she/it looks naked (maybe then we can find out some gender)

002.jpg

nice view from the back don't you agree...altough i won't be needing those 80mm fan's so that's gonna be covered up... the rest of the plan's you'll just have to see underway ( mainly couse some parts i have no clue about yet :blink: )

003.jpg

Altough for the front panel where placed a bit out of sight i don't really like how they look...for my part they could have gone behind the mobo tray from stock...we'll have to fix that underway dont you say

Just a little starter for you guy's to bite in to:

I decided to go allong with a very old mod that i sadly enough don't see around any more, but can help to give the case just that little bit extra... I wan't a mirror plate installed on the floor...

To get that done first thing to do is to get a tablet for size, best thing i found out is to get that done just with good old A4 paper, straight out of the printer:

004.jpg

to get that perfect fit i alway use my trusty knive:

005.jpg

It's a surgical knive, put in a plain old hobby knive socket, but it does work wonders. Altough it is so small i woul'nt know how to go on if i ever ran out of these things

After a couple of ours of cutting everything out to perfection and my girl giving me the neccecary "support":

006.jpg

It finally came together to a perfect fit

008.jpg

Who is that in the middle you might wanna know...

Whe'll, i tell ya, it's my old comerade of war private whatsitsname:

009.jpg

He never really told me his name but he's always a great help...

of to the first order and let's see what we can do

Laatst bewerkt:
Today i got a small package in the door, i must say a very nice suprise since i just ordered it yesterday. These are some items from a diffrent shop i orderd becous they had these on sale, and i needed them ( downside of not having sponsors :happy: )

007.JPG

A 240 and 360 rad from feser

and the 2 mosfet blocks i need for my 790I

and as some sort of service the shop added a candy bar with it, i thought that woz kinda cool :happy:

I'll get some more pic's for yu guy's later on

Laatst bewerkt:
Sorry for the slow update guy's

I found a shop that can order me the mirror i wanted. And have been so free that i can use there shop to make the mirror fit. Only problem is, that the mirror i need to fill it up will be very breakable, and turns out to be pretty difficult to make. But let's hope it will work.

In the mean time i got 1 part of my order in.

011.JPG

to be precise i got:
- 2 EK 150 resevoirs
- 2 Liang DDC1Plus pumps
- 3 TFC noise absorbers for the last fan's ( the rest i got with my rad's
- 26 fittings
- my north bridge cooler
- the EK backplate for my 280 cards
- 6 Rubber cable rings
- 2 Single pci brackets for my 280's
- 2 Scythe kaze master ace fan controllers

The rest is still comming in.

Although i found myself running into a little speed bump on my resevoir's. I can't face the fittings to the wall's and run the pipes trough the wall's. So i'm gonna have to find another way to fix that... Any idea's are welcome, i'll get some visuals of that up soon.

Laatst bewerkt:
K. Ere are some pic's of my Res:

015.jpg

013.jpg

I laid it on the table to see if the fittings would end before is or would have to go trough...sadly enough they will have to go trough. And with the cable wall in there too they would have to go trough my wall too... and i'm afraid that that wont fit...

014.jpg

does'nt private whatsitsname look scary

Laatst bewerkt:
Ok so ere are some long overdue updates ( i know i'm sorry )

I finally got everything in and to make things better all at once, one would almost think i planned it that way

So like i said before i finally have my mirror finished: ( this is version number 3 )

037.jpg

This plate is just 4 mm thick couse otherwise it won't fit the boddem. I really wanted this to fit in the case couse its a classic mod. The problem part about this is that the mod from back in the day's with the dragon towers where the frames would'nt strech all the way to the bottom. This one doess so i needed 2 cut outs in the mirror and that is the difficult part about this. but its done

Laatst bewerkt:
But to make things even better the rest came in too all at the same time you would almost think i planned it that way

So you want pic's...ere are some pic's ( just hope i solved the problem of not everybody seeing them )

So these are the pump toppings, my southbridge cooler from EK ( i got allot from EK in the end ) and lianli case parts like the 80mm fan covers, i only need 1 for the 80mm fan's you'll find out why i got the second one

023.jpg

2 more 120mm fan's ( that's 8 in total now that are going in the case )
021.jpg

These are the cd drive covers i'm gonna use, i do have black dvd drives but i want that brushed alluminium effect to go all the way
030.jpg

3 meter of tubing, i thought that would be enough but seeing this is making me doubt
031.jpg

My cpu cooler a GTZ and i must say DAMM that thing is SEXY !!!! ( and wait whats that in the side of the picture ? who could that be)
029.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
My 2 EK 280 cards ( the backplate for this i got in with my last shipment it was just waiting for this.
024.jpg

My new hard drive cage:
025.jpg

being taken of by the mighty private, and i must say that cage is HUGE
026.jpg

Now this is making me doubt, its the universal mounting plate for my pump, it should be very silent but the little piece next to it is what i got with the pump itself. That seems allot more silent since the plate is simply one massive plate of steel...
027.jpg

This is how the pump would fit. you can see that its bigger too...i really don't know if i can use it
028.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
K. k. i know you guy's you don't just wanna see pic's you wanna see lots of em, and you want em sexy too right ?

RIGHT !!!

i also got my feser fluid in and what is feser without some CCFL's...speccially uv ccfl's, i just could'nt resist but to hook em up. I have 2 ccfl's hanging behind my monitor, so i just plugged one out and a UV one in like so

018.jpg

and i must say even though its not even in a clear bottle the result is a beauty to behold:

016.jpg

017.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
Now with al that gear just gathering dust on that bed i could'nt get it over my hart not to do something with it...So i recapped the pumps to get this project on the road:

K. so ere you got the pump with the new cap on the side, this should'nt be to hard
033.jpg

You just take out the screw's from the bottom that hold the top and pop it off... be carefull with the ring thats inside though, you don't wanna lose that, or like i had...have a dog that want's to play with it
034.jpg

Then just lay the new top on it and use the new screw's you get with the new top, the only trick is not to screw em on to loose couse you'll get a leak, and not to tight couse you'll ruin youre top
035.jpg

And ere is the final pic:
036.jpg

Not that i let the power cables both come out of the pump on the inside, couse these are gonna sit in the same position in the case, i don't wanna see a cable comming out of em. And this way i can hide em very nicely. I'm very happy with that result i must say

Now on to the rest of the job's to do before i can actually use it... let me guess nobody has a 790I Ultra gathering dust to use for test fitting right ? No ?....i thought so, so next thing to do is take my pc appart for my mobo

Laatst bewerkt:
Ok so i decided to do some simpel stuff tonight couse some other stuff needs to be done on saturday when its light and i can cut my case up a bit further outside

(Oh an i appologise in advance for any blurry pic's )

First off i found the dustplates i have on my TJ-10. These i like allot, but i was suprised they actually ask about 6 euro's for just a couple of em...was i glad i just had em gathering dust somewhere

Arrnt they beautyfull:

039.jpg

And since i did was doubting what kind of anti vibe i would use for the pumps i thought i could just as well try the universal kit's to see if they would even fit...suprise suprise...they didd'nt so that kinda made the choise for me
045.jpg

I also took appart my harde drive cage to rip out the fan in there...i am gonna replace it with one but that is still in the pc i have now. Oh and on a side note...wtf is up with that design lian li ???

Oh and they don't make everything as solid as the cases...i woz putting it back together when i found out i was bending it already... not really what i expected but i don't really mind.

And what do you guy's think, should i make this cage black or keep it silverish like this ???
044.jpg

I'm also gonna put a anti vibe kit between there ( i know this thing iss'nt gonna be silent but i can try right ? )
046.jpg

I had 2 fan's around so i fitted the 240 rad right away. Instead of making a panel, i desided to use a prefab. Mainly couse i dont have sponsors and the rad frames to cover em up are expensive !!! more expensive then the top plate believe it or not...
038.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
So when i was finished it looked something like this:

040.jpg

A close-up, and don't worry about the scratches on the pic. They arr'nt gonna be visible when i'm done, plus they can't even be seen by the naked eye now
041.jpg

That is a tight squeeze:
042.jpg

And ere is the back sight right now. With the cover over a 120mm fan hole. I know i'm evil but you'll see why soon enough
043.jpg

That's all for now...keep coming back now

Laatst bewerkt:
so i figured it would be a good time to give you guy's another update on what happend last weekend.

The plan was to start cutting my case appart to fit the wires and figure out where everthing would go exacly.

So first order of business was to take out my mobo and put it in my new case so i could make some planning:

048.jpg

arrn't they beautifull:
047.jpg

and the massacre i left behind:
049.jpg

so i put the mobo in my new case ( and i must say i love it already ) and started planning:
051.jpg

Now the downside of the weekend, something that really pissed me off... when i was done i placed my mobo back in my old case and my psu got burned... IT DIED ON ME !!!

so after hitting the punching bag for a couple of minutes i finally calmed down a bit and decided to start testing all the hardware to see if it took anything with it. To help me with this and get some welcome company i called a friend of mine to come over. As things look now everything looks ok ( atleast everything boots right now ) lets just hope its still stable...

So at that point the plans changed a bit. Instead of going freehand, we could just as well mount the cooling parts right ? so we did.

First off we did the mobo, and if you ever wanted a naked 790I ere is youre chance:

052.jpg

A long time ago i got a tip on a website that if you ever where to make really tight corners with youre tubing you should heat em and let em cool down in the right shape, so we tried and it actually works a charm !!! ( thnx for the tip who ever you are :tongue: ) the downside is that you will have to hold you cable in the right shape till it cools down. So we put our heads together and came up with this :

053.jpg

TADA !! :happy: ( it actually works )

oh and to give you a idea of the what it will look like ere is a little spoiler:

054.jpg

not to shabby if you ask me ?

ere is my friend striking a beautifull pose after that trail: ( you might know him as flapp )
055.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
Next up where the gfx cards, after some mind bending action on how they where to come appart we decided to rip the stickers off...and OMG !!!

i really wish i would have known this sooner but behold what we found under the stickers:

056.jpg

personally i like this allot more then that green sticker

but shame o shame it was to late for him anyways, so we ripped em appart anyway's. Oh and if you like me and never believe the reviewers that say "OMG that gpu is HUGE" you should this time...it would squash you're kat if it ever landed under it.

But not to hold you in suspence anymore, the result:

Before:
057.jpg

After:
058.jpg

and they are heavy

So at that point it was to late to get any drilling done so i laid em to rest in what we dubbed "the bed-cave"
059.jpg

Laatst bewerkt:
Mooi "beginnetje", mooie kast, mooie hardware en jah mooie pop ? :S

Wat ik zo mooi vind aan de 343 is dat je hem compleet uit elkaar kan trekken zonder popnagels uit te hoeven boren of iets dergelijks :D

Zit zelf ook te denken om de 343 als m'n volgende kast te nemen....

Mooi "beginnetje", mooie kast, mooie hardware en jah mooie pop ? :S

Wat ik zo mooi vind aan de 343 is dat je hem compleet uit elkaar kan trekken zonder popnagels uit te hoeven boren of iets dergelijks :D

Zit zelf ook te denken om de 343 als m'n volgende kast te nemen....

je kan em inderdaad zover uit elkaar halen zonder pop nagels te hoeven boren. Maar denk erom, als je verder wilt gaan moet je helaas wel gaan boren. Ik moet de schachten er nog uithalen bijvoorbeeld.

Die moeten wel uitgeboord worden, plus wat ik een kleine tegenvaller vind is dat je echt een kale kast krijgt. De hard drive cage moet je zelfs nog nabestellen:043: maar verder wel een uber kast !

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp starter Titel Forum Reacties Datum
iSP Project muziekstreamer Gallery & Build Logs 11
ThomasJS Project SteelOak Gallery & Build Logs 23
Bl4ckj4ck666 Project Antec P120 crystal Gallery & Build Logs 22
Mannekino Custom loop kerstvakantie project in O11 Dynamic XL voltooid met Direct Die cooling voor een 9900K Gallery & Build Logs 9
Tath Project D Gallery & Build Logs 91
tijgervarken Project Ti[ger]tanium Gallery & Build Logs 1
Silversurfer Even voorstellen: Project Silversurfer Evo Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
M mindwarper - Chris - AMD Ryzen 3000/5000 Project Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 4
iSP Geschikte waterkoeling cpu bracket gezocht voor project Overige Koeling 7
Bokeh Bokeh - Ben - mijn monster PC project met RGB Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 11
Subarist [BIP] Project X | Scratchbuild | Gallery & Build Logs 0
Subarist | BIP | Project Subi | Personal Case | PCFixerLimburg Gallery & Build Logs 15
Subarist Subarist - Maickel - Project Subi Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 9
Rammstation Even voorstellen : Rammstation project: Rammstation Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 7
Dima Dima - Project: 7980xe Custom Loop Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 8
987Overlord 987Overlord - Paul - Project: Beest Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
vincent Project Back in busines Gallery & Build Logs 42
Kevin Kevin - Kevin - Project: Kraken Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 6
Hightower Project S Gallery & Build Logs 6
anub1s18 NZXT H440 project overkill Gallery & Build Logs 5
PasLis Project Car Gallery & Build Logs 29
vincent Project "vocht probleem" Gallery & Build Logs 9
Maarten/Pine Scratch-build ''Project Metallurgy'' Gallery & Build Logs 36
iSP [Gezocht] Simpel (goedkoop) ITX bordje voor project Gevonden 4
bunbun casemod project "red elegance" Gallery & Build Logs 11
Y Yodabear - Maikel - Project: LeBlanc Tower Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 5
C Corsair Crystal 570x Project 'Hot Rod' Gallery & Build Logs 0
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Gallery & Build Logs 4
C Sven Decommer - Project Blue-Ice Introductie: Stel jezelf en jouw PC voor 1
P Project simply black & white Gallery & Build Logs 5
Maarten/Pine Project Cu - a watercooled PC desk Gallery & Build Logs 52
tijgervarken Project Black Matter Gallery & Build Logs 23
M Project reDefine R5 Cases en Modding 0
ProAce Project 303 Gallery & Build Logs 16
M [Build Log] Project Blueberry Apple G4 Cases en Modding 24
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Blue Morpho" Gallery & Build Logs 34
Demolisher Kodiak [Long term project] Cases en Modding 45
T Hulp bij budget waterkoeling project. Advies Waterkoeling Setup 2
T Hulp bij toekomstig project Waterkoeling 0
F Builg log Project Saber Gallery & Build Logs 4
bmawn [Project log] Project Dark Knightmare Gallery & Build Logs 31
FactoryDefaults Project Stormtrooper Gallery & Build Logs 30
2kPro [WorkLog] Project Scarlet|Ti Gallery & Build Logs 39
J Project minimal. Gallery & Build Logs 9
DBRichard Project Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth Gallery & Build Logs 41
S Project ICE - (custom PC Desk Build) Gallery & Build Logs 4
J Project - LiquiDesk Gallery & Build Logs 7
DutchMicro Project HighTech Slaapkamer. Overige Builds 26
BeckModZ [Project Log] "Parvum|Beast" - Semi Sponsored Build Gallery & Build Logs 63
ProAce Project Z by ProAce Gallery & Build Logs 14

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

Terug
Bovenaan